• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A call for action - TODAY!

mspgunner

Please call/email the Office of Missouri State Senator Brian Nieves and request a hearing in Senate General Laws Committee on Senator Nieves’ SB268 (Open Carry Preemption)
(573) 751-3678
Brian.Nieves@senate.mo.gov

Include your name/address and desire for a return of our 2nd amendment rights!

Griz

I don't follow.

Why does he need us to ask him to send this bill to a committee that he wants to be heard?

Griz

I did it, but i really don't know why I need to email a guy telling him to promote the bill he sponsored.

Broondog

done, even though today is today and not yesterday's today but he will still find it in his mailbox tomorrow which is really today.

that made sense, right?

randyj

Please call/email the Office of Missouri State Senator Brian Nieves and request a hearing in Senate General Laws Committee on Senator Nieves’ SB268 (Open Carry Preemption)
(573) 751-3678
Brian.Nieves@senate.mo.gov

Include your name/address and desire for a return of our 2nd amendment rights!

Here is what I sent.....

Dear Senator Nieves,

My name is Randy Johnson and I am contacting you in regards to your sponsorship of bill SB 268 regarding “Open Carry Preemption”. On behalf of my wife and I, our six grown children and our 20 grandchildren....I would like to thank you for stepping up and showing courage and conviction in supporting our second amendment rights here in the great state of Missouri. As a USAF veteran (Air Traffic Controller) formally stationed at Whiteman AFB...I am passionate about defending our rights and our freedoms. This bill that I believe you were inspired to sponsor, speaks directly to the desire of the majority of the citizens in our state who desire that our rights, not just our second amendment rights...but ALL of our rights be defended! Thank you for showing the courage to do the right thing in sponsoring a bill that is sorely needed in our state.

I hereby respectfully ask that you do all in your power to make sure this bill is heard in a Senate General Laws Committee so that it can continue the process of becoming law. Again, on behalf of my family and my many, many friends who have shared their feelings on this most critical and vital issue...and who believe as I do. Thank you so much!

Respectfully submitted,

Randy A. Johnson

HP995

Gunner, over and over you've kept saying don't get people to send emails and call, it'll piss off the senators, everything's fine, let the process work. Now suddenly we need to call and write. Suddenly they aren't hearing from enough people. Make up your mind! That's a great way to lose our chances.

I had an injury and just checked back at the forum today. There's no way I can go to Jeff City (can barely walk to the bathroom) and now there's probably no way I can get many people to call or email. These things require some time to promote if we want it to involve a lot more people. It's late for that.

I will call or write my support on Monday. Trying to think what else I can do but this is a jam.

If anyone belongs to other forums or email lists that are gun related or otherwise appropriate, can you spread the word? Those of you who go to shooting ranges or gun shops, put up a poster or talk to people? You would need a paper or card to hand out with the info for them to call or write.

We also need a link to the online witness form, is there one?

This stuff should NOT always be last minute to call for action. It takes some time to spread the word. Especially when we were encouraged to keep quiet about it before, which I thought was poor advice.

If any Missouri or local organizations picked it up and had members call in, that could help.

Last minute, last ditch effort - any ideas on how to spread this call to action further at this late hour? We need the bill. Wish we could have promoted it earlier.

mspgunner

I post them as I get them. I had an advance on the hearing to be held Tuesday the 12th of March and then it was called off. I can't help that. It allowed some folks to get the day off work to go to Jefferson City, but that fell apart.

If I get word again I won't post it until it is on the official site, but then again, they can change that again too with 24 hours notice.
All I can do is all I can do. Myself and a couple of others will be there for the hearing anytime it is held because we have the ability to do so.

They generally post these Tuesday hearings on Thursday, no sooner. But I managed to get a heads up, the cancellation didn't help anyone and I have no idea why it didn't happen. I like the folks who took a vacation day from work are not happy, I fully understand.

Update when and if it happens. I posted the request to "get on his office" because without a hearing we'll get nothing on OC this year. This is a prime year to go for preemption. If it doesn't happen this year I think we are toast for a long time to come.

There is still a House Bill by Curtman, it hasn't had a hearing either. Wheels in motion to get that hearing as well. There is something going on, but no one is talking.

MSPGUNNER

Gunner, over and over you've kept saying don't get people to send emails and call, it'll piss off the senators, everything's fine, let the process work. Now suddenly we need to call and write. Suddenly they aren't hearing from enough people. Make up your mind! That's a great way to lose our chances.

I had an injury and just checked back at the forum today. There's no way I can go to Jeff City (can barely walk to the bathroom) and now there's probably no way I can get many people to call or email. These things require some time to promote if we want it to involve a lot more people. It's late for that.

I will call or write my support on Monday. Trying to think what else I can do but this is a jam.

If anyone belongs to other forums or email lists that are gun related or otherwise appropriate, can you spread the word? Those of you who go to shooting ranges or gun shops, put up a poster or talk to people? You would need a paper or card to hand out with the info for them to call or write.

We also need a link to the online witness form, is there one?

This stuff should NOT always be last minute to call for action. It takes some time to spread the word. Especially when we were encouraged to keep quiet about it before, which I thought was poor advice.

If any Missouri or local organizations picked it up and had members call in, that could help.

Last minute, last ditch effort - any ideas on how to spread this call to action further at this late hour? We need the bill. Wish we could have promoted it earlier.

mspgunner wrote:

"There is something going on, but no one is talking."

My question is why are the Senators so afraid of the Missouri Municipal League and Missouri Chamber of Commerce? Is it money or what?

Last edited:

mspgunner wrote:

"There is something going on, but no one is talking."

My question is why are the Senators so afraid of the Missouri Municipal League and Missouri Chamber of Commerce? Is it money or what?

Guess no one has the secret decoder ring.