Thread: good logic or bad?

good logic or bad?

i carry a hamerless 38 snubby.
    my reasoning is; safety and reliability. the only way for that gun to fire is a long heavy trigger pull.
    its compact, and i carry it cc at times and oc at times. i have a cc holster and a oc holster.
    since most encounters are at arms lenghth to 10 feet, i feel like the snubby does good up to 20 ft.
    so that should cover most likely scenario's.
    i think it would be difficult for most to try to grab the gun from my hand at close range,and i know a trick that would keep it from going off
    in a gun wrestle scenario.
    also the hammerless feature prevents snaging on your clothing and accidental cocking of the hammer
    i am open to any comments about this logic... carry on.
    Last edited by bellyfat; 03-08-2013 at 10:38 AM.
    i'd rather be a hammer than a nail.

Don't know that much about hammerless revolvers, but I will say that what you carry and how you carry it is very much a personal preference thing. If you are comfortable with what you carry and how you carry it, that is all that really matters.

I usually OC a Springfield Armory clone of a Colt Combat Commander in .45 ACP. I carry it "cocked and locked" which occasionally elicits comments questioning why my firearm is cocked. Usually ends up with a good conversation.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Don't know that much about hammerless revolvers, but I will say that what you carry and how you carry it is very much a personal preference thing. If you are comfortable with what you carry and how you carry it, that is all that really matters.

I usually OC a Springfield Armory clone of a Colt Combat Commander in .45 ACP. I carry it "cocked and locked" which occasionally elicits comments questioning why my firearm is cocked. Usually ends up with a good conversation.
    dont know much about bored privates with too much time, but i agree about a 2nd louie with a map and a compass.
    i'd rather be a hammer than a nail.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    (snip) but I will say that what you carry and how you carry it is very much a personal preference thing. If you are comfortable with what you carry and how you carry it, that is all that really matters.

+1
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Works for me.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

I can't find anything illogical about using a hammerless revolver in the manner it was intended for... but I'm strange that way.

Thumbs up

I have literally seen a cloverleaf shot by a co-worker at a range at 50ft with a two inch 38spl from a bench rest. If it works & you can shoot it well - you're way ahead of a lot of people out there today,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coltdick-1023.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	10088
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    I have literally seen a cloverleaf shot by a co-worker at a range at 50ft with a two inch 38spl from a bench rest. If it works & you can shoot it well - you're way ahead of a lot of people out there today,

Name:	coltdick-1023.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	10088
    The best shot I made with mine was head shooting a coyote at 32 yards double action after running a mile.

They can be accurate its the shooter the causes the most problem.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    The best shot I made with mine was head shooting a coyote at 32 yards double action after running a mile.

They can be accurate its the shooter the causes the most problem.
    Wow! Remind me never to get on your bad side! You sir are a fine shot.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Wow! Remind me never to get on your bad side! You sir are a fine shot.
    I was shooting competitions at the time 400 to 500 rounds a week running 10Ks in under 40 min. My younger eyes could see the sights. Even better I thought was the coyote I head shot at 49 yards with my S@W3913 but that was with a rest.

The closest and biggest was at 10 feet I was still hunting with my bow and came that close to him. I killed him with my 4inch 357 he weighed 52lbs one big yote.

I am very firmly of the opinion that the biggest detriment to accuracy in any gun, regardless of style, action type, barrel length, caliber, or any other metric is the "nut behind the trigger." At least that's what I was told years ago, and I've come to realize its truth.

I think it's a great choice. I cc a Charter Arms DA .38 on occasion. It's as accurate as I am and pleasant to shoot and carry. It's actually my wifes. ( My man card subject to being repealed... it's a Pink Lady .38 Hope it never has to be deployed.)

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    I think it's a great choice. I cc a Charter Arms DA .38 on occasion. It's as accurate as I am and pleasant to shoot and carry. It's actually my wifes. ( My man card subject to being repealed... it's a Pink Lady .38 Hope it never has to be deployed.)
    I once owned a pepto bismal 63 Mercury, some people claimed it was pink.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I thought was called titty pink

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    I thought was called titty pink
    My wife and I were having a discussion about that car tonight. She swears it was not pink, but it was the color of pepto, it was a big thing and popular color back then. IMO it was pinker that her titties, I never took any pictures of that car, darnit, but I might be able to find one on the internet with that color, I believe it was factory.

Name:	7255064784_09c47c1bb3_m.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	10099
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 03-11-2013 at 09:21 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

WW did ya get pics of her titties?
    Would that be another definition of open carry?

Quote Originally Posted by x1wildone View Post
    WW did ya get pics of her titties?
    Would that be another definition of open carry?
    We are not pic type of people, now in some instances I wish we were that we are getting older. We used to have some naughty pics of her, but if I could find them it would be a no no to post them here. We used to go to PDC in Greensboro, and YKW in Erwin before it was shut down, plus some private parties, so it is not like they have not been seen. We haven't been active in the lifestyle for sometime, guess we have kinda outgrown it.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Sound logic. Those traits are what keep S&W J-frames and other hammerless small-frame revolvers among the top carry guns year after year. Even though revolver sales in general have suffered the last few decades, small-frame revolvers still fly off the shelves.
    You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well-armed.