Thread: Carl Levin

Thumbs up Carl Levin

Hooray, Carl Levin is not running for re-election!!!!!!!!

Carl Levin

+1. Just 30 years too late.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    +1. Just 30 years too late.
    Spot on Q! Now let's make sure a bigger "D" bag [MEANING DIRT BAG] does not take his place.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 03-08-2013 at 05:55 PM. Reason: FIXED FOR BIKENUT ;)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Spot on Q! Now let's make sure a bigger "D" bag does not take his place.
    My highly esteemed and good friend.. please remember that a "D" or an "R" does not a friend to the Constitution make. Many a "D" has shown themselves to believe in the constitution and many an "R" has spat upon it..... while many an "R" has shown themselves to believe in the Constitution while many a "D" has spat upon it.

Let us not get caught up in the fallacy that "D" or "R" actually means something. Rather let us investigate the past record of the man or woman who is running for the office to gain an insight as to the possible actions of that candidate in the future.

"D" or "R"... "R" or "D" .... alas.. all too often that is merely repeating myself.

Yeah.. I know you knew that my friend... I said that mostly for others to read and consider.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Lightbulb

Good call Bikenut I was thinking of the man not his party per se... but, po-tat-o / potato it's all the same for many of our elected so called "leaders".
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Great news! Levin had been really getting under my skin.

I'm willing to vote D, R, I or whatever, doesn't matter so long as they are Pro-2A.

Let's not wait till the General Election. We all have to get involved in the Primaries, both Democratic and Republican.

Everybody please share your thoughts on which of the possible contenders for Levin's Senate seat would be good/bad for us.

;-)

Thumbs up

We need to be politically active and make sure we get a pro 2A person in office Justen Amash would be a good start!!

I would be ok with a pro gun democrat myself

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    We need to be politically active and make sure we get a pro 2A person in office Justen Amash would be a good start!!
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Good riddance. I am glad that manipulative liar will no longer be causing trouble. And yes, it's a shame he didn't get voted out decades ago.

Carl Levin

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    I would be ok with a pro gun democrat myself
    Strictly as the president of MOC, I would be too.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    My highly esteemed and good friend.. please remember that a "D" or an "R" does not a friend to the Constitution make. Many a "D" has shown themselves to believe in the constitution and many an "R" has spat upon it..... while many an "R" has shown themselves to believe in the Constitution while many a "D" has spat upon it.

Let us not get caught up in the fallacy that "D" or "R" actually means something. Rather let us investigate the past record of the man or woman who is running for the office to gain an insight as to the possible actions of that candidate in the future.

"D" or "R"... "R" or "D" .... alas.. all too often that is merely repeating myself.

Yeah.. I know you knew that my friend... I said that mostly for others to read and consider.
    Absolutely! Only "usefull idiots" vote on anything other than FACTS(prior record)! Wisdom says "Actions Speak Louder Than Words"! And in politics,as anyone with a working brain knows, there's voluminous words spoken, truth and lies! A responsible Citizen(gun owner) does the research to find out which is which! Our Founders established Our Government on The Founding Documents(based on Truth)! CARRY ON!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Don't be celebrating yet.

What this means is that Senator Levin can now engage in political activities without ANY CONCERN AT ALL for what his constituents in Michigan think. This is something that he has actually stated in his announcement of his retirement except instead of saying it outright he said he can "now work without concerns for re-election". Read between the lines and he is now without any restraint at all and can engage in any bat **** crazy scheme he or his staff can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post

I think this tshirt sums it up well...

http://spin.despair.com/products/des...ructor-tshirt/

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter123 View Post
    What this means is that Senator Levin can now engage in political activities without ANY CONCERN AT ALL for what his constituents in Michigan think.
    Hey, this is what he has done with me since I started writing him a few years back. Nothing new for me regarding him.
    "Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured...
    but no one must prove they are a citizen!” Ben Stein

That's good to hear, especially after he sent me an email so full of BS my laptop shut itself down (seriously, first time I opened the email it just flipped out and turned off). His response to me was packed with more crap than Obama's, which is a great feat.
    You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well-armed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearhawk View Post
    Hey, this is what he has done with me since I started writing him a few years back. Nothing new for me regarding him.
    Pretty much. He's never even acknowledged my messages to him, he just sends the same canned "Thanks for your opinion, now here's my view" messages back. Every other rep at least included "while we may not agree on the matter..." or "I completely agree with you" to show they at least had someone scan the letter and figure out what my position was.

The guy doesn't care what his constituents want, he's set in his ways.
    You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well-armed.

Check out my new Dan Kildee response.