• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carl Levin

B

Bikenut

Spot on Q! Now let's make sure a bigger "D" bag does not take his place. :eek:
My highly esteemed and good friend.. please remember that a "D" or an "R" does not a friend to the Constitution make. Many a "D" has shown themselves to believe in the constitution and many an "R" has spat upon it..... while many an "R" has shown themselves to believe in the Constitution while many a "D" has spat upon it.

Let us not get caught up in the fallacy that "D" or "R" actually means something. Rather let us investigate the past record of the man or woman who is running for the office to gain an insight as to the possible actions of that candidate in the future.

"D" or "R"... "R" or "D" .... alas.. all too often that is merely repeating myself.

Yeah.. I know you knew that my friend... I said that mostly for others to read and consider.

FreeInAZ

Good call Bikenut I was thinking of the man not his party per se... but, po-tat-o / potato it's all the same for many of our elected so called "leaders".:rolleyes:

OC4me

Great news! Levin had been really getting under my skin.

I'm willing to vote D, R, I or whatever, doesn't matter so long as they are Pro-2A.

Let's not wait till the General Election. We all have to get involved in the Primaries, both Democratic and Republican.

Everybody please share your thoughts on which of the possible contenders for Levin's Senate seat would be good/bad for us.

;-)

Michigander

Good riddance. I am glad that manipulative liar will no longer be causing trouble. And yes, it's a shame he didn't get voted out decades ago.

Haman J.T.

My highly esteemed and good friend.. please remember that a "D" or an "R" does not a friend to the Constitution make. Many a "D" has shown themselves to believe in the constitution and many an "R" has spat upon it..... while many an "R" has shown themselves to believe in the Constitution while many a "D" has spat upon it.

Let us not get caught up in the fallacy that "D" or "R" actually means something. Rather let us investigate the past record of the man or woman who is running for the office to gain an insight as to the possible actions of that candidate in the future.

"D" or "R"... "R" or "D" .... alas.. all too often that is merely repeating myself.

Yeah.. I know you knew that my friend... I said that mostly for others to read and consider.
Absolutely! Only "usefull idiots" vote on anything other than FACTS(prior record)! Wisdom says "Actions Speak Louder Than Words"! And in politics,as anyone with a working brain knows, there's voluminous words spoken, truth and lies! A responsible Citizen(gun owner) does the research to find out which is which! Our Founders established Our Government on The Founding Documents(based on Truth)! CARRY ON!

Scooter123

Don't be celebrating yet.

What this means is that Senator Levin can now engage in political activities without ANY CONCERN AT ALL for what his constituents in Michigan think. This is something that he has actually stated in his announcement of his retirement except instead of saying it outright he said he can "now work without concerns for re-election". Read between the lines and he is now without any restraint at all and can engage in any bat **** crazy scheme he or his staff can come up with.

johnfenter

I think this tshirt sums it up well...

http://spin.despair.com/products/despairwear-destructor-tshirt/

Samopal

That's good to hear, especially after he sent me an email so full of BS my laptop shut itself down (seriously, first time I opened the email it just flipped out and turned off). His response to me was packed with more crap than Obama's, which is a great feat.

Samopal

Hey, this is what he has done with me since I started writing him a few years back. Nothing new for me regarding him.

Pretty much. He's never even acknowledged my messages to him, he just sends the same canned "Thanks for your opinion, now here's my view" messages back. Every other rep at least included "while we may not agree on the matter..." or "I completely agree with you" to show they at least had someone scan the letter and figure out what my position was.

The guy doesn't care what his constituents want, he's set in his ways.