Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Shooting Ranges around the Milwaukee area.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    286

    Shooting Ranges around the Milwaukee area.

    A friend of mine is moving to Milwaukee soon, (I'm trying to talk him out of it -- something about work).
    He'll need direction on places to shoot. Short and long weapons.

    Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

    JJC

  2. #2
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    Indoors:
    Waukesha, Fletcher Arms
    Racine, Shooter's Sports Center
    West Milwaukee, Shooter's Shop (one employee is a member here, but the owner is regularly on the news speaking against OC)

    Only place to avoid is Badger Guns (Badger Outdoors, whatever they're calling themselves now). They're the closest to Milwaukee, just south of the baseball stadium.

    Outdoors, there are several clubs in the area, most of which aren't taking new members.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Yetiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SE Wi
    Posts
    117
    Outdoors there is http://www.mcmillershootingcenter.com/ (open to the public) and http://www.schultzgunclub.com/ in Muskego (private, open to new members).

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    286
    Thank's for the tips.

    JJC

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    A friend of mine is moving to Milwaukee soon, (I'm trying to talk him out of it -- something about work).
    He'll need direction on places to shoot. Short and long weapons.

    Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

    JJC
    The way I see it, every street there seems to be a shooting range.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, ,
    Posts
    836
    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    The way I see it, every street there seems to be a shooting range.
    You're painfully ignorant.

    There is only a relatively small section of Milwaukee that has any real continuous problems.

    I've lived in the city proper since '98, and have owned investment properties here since '89 and there hasn't been any major problems in my neighborhoods.
    Last edited by pkbites; 03-19-2013 at 01:51 AM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    You're painfully ignorant.

    There is only a relatively small section of Milwaukee that has any real continuous problems.

    I've lived in the city proper since '98, and have owned investment properties here since '89 and there hasn't been any major problems in my neighborhoods.
    I have been wanting to come down there to check out that iconic burger joint and Utzingers meats and other landmarks but am hesitant bec of the way leos feel about us and what mayor Barrett believes. I didn't mean to be ignorant to that degree.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, ,
    Posts
    836
    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    I have been wanting to come down there to check out that iconic burger joint and Utzingers meats and other landmarks but am hesitant bec of the way leos feel about us and what mayor Barrett believes. I didn't mean to be ignorant to that degree.
    Which burger joint?

    There is really only one section you'll really need to avoid. Everywhere else is no different in risk as anywhere else.

    Unfortunately on Saturday we had to go to the outskirts of the beasts mouth. There is a really good restaurant there that we like. It's not right in "the core" but it's not far from it.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    Which burger joint?

    There is really only one section you'll really need to avoid. Everywhere else is no different in risk as anywhere else.

    Unfortunately on Saturday we had to go to the outskirts of the beasts mouth. There is a really good restaurant there that we like. It's not right in "the core" but it's not far from it.
    I believe the burger joint or a southern food restaurant was featured in the program 'Diners' by Guy Ferrari. It's been there forever. saw the program a few months ago.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Lephi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cudahy, WI, USA
    Posts
    11

    Re: Shooting Ranges around the Milwaukee area.

    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    I believe the burger joint or a southern food restaurant was featured in the program 'Diners' by Guy Ferrari. It's been there forever. saw the program a few months ago.
    AJ Bombers most likely, good food, been a few different food shows. Busy, but the area is safe tho a little trendy.

    Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •