• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NCGV worried

papa bear

looks like the NCCSGV is a little worried about NC finally letting restaurant owners deciding what business they want. keep up the pressure to get this passed

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]
banner.jpg

hey --
[/FONT]NC Gun bill moving ahead
Patrick Gannon reports in The Insider that House Bill 17, which would allow those with concealed carry permits for handguns to carry them in “eating establishments” and “restaurants” as defined in statute, was quietly moved out of the House Rules Committee and referred to Judiciary Subcommittee A on Monday.

Gannon writes:

“Rep. Justin Burr, R-Stanly, said patrons carrying guns wouldn’t be allowed to drink alcohol while in those establishments, as it’s illegal to consume and carry. The bill also would allow restaurant owners to prohibit guns on their properties by posting signs, and Burr said theater owners could do the same. He said he sees the legislation as a “common sense” way to allow responsible gun owners to protect themselves and others in places where violence can occur. A bill that would have allowed permit holders to carry their guns in restaurants passed the House in 2011 but stalled in the Senate.

“Burr’s bill also would exempt information about concealed handgun permits and pistol purchase permits from public scrutiny. Burr said that part likely would be considered separately in committee within a couple of weeks. …

“Sen. Buck Newton, R-Wilson, said Wednesday he believes, based on conversations with new and returning senators, that there is consensus in the Senate to allow concealed carry of handguns in restaurants this year. ‘It will depend on what it looks like,’ he said. He said such laws already exist in about 30 states and don’t seem to cause problems. ... He added that he believes the state should try to expand areas where permit holders can carry guns ‘wherever possible and wherever it makes sense.’ ”

Don't seem to cause problems? Is that how we decide what will be law?
There is no problem with NOT having guns in bars and restaurants now.
Let the owners of the bars and restaurants that want guns allowed post the signs. Then we will know where NOT to take our business.

The majority of North Carolinians (81%) do not want guns allowed in bars and restaurants where their families visit. Restaurant owners do not want them either.
Do not let this bill "quietly" pass into law! Make noise now!

Contact Judiciary A committee members! Tell them to stop trying to fix a problem that does not exist. Stop HB17!

Alma.Adams@ncleg.net, Dean.Arp@ncleg.net, Hugh.Blackwell@ncleg.net, John.Blust@ncleg.net, Marcus.Brandon@ncleg.net, Justin.Burr@ncleg.net, Larry.Hall@ncleg.net, Jon.Hardister@ncleg.net, Julia.Howard@ncleg.net, Darren.Jackson@ncleg.net, Allen.McNeill@ncleg.net, Deborah.Ross@ncleg.net, Jacqueline.Schaffer@ncleg.net, Bob.Steinburg@ncleg.net

NCGV
http://www.ncgv.org/

WalkingWolf

Tying RKBA to privilege cards is a grave error, and one I cannot condone. I hope the bill fails. It is a violation of the rights of every citizen in NC to assume only those with permission cards have rights to self defense. The restrictions on restaurants that serve alcohol are unconstitutional, and should be fought on that basis. But some people have this opinion that they are elite by paying government for cards that anyone with a clean record can get. It is nothing more than elitism, and it is anti Open Carry, and IMO has no business being promoted on a site for open carry. Bringing this to constitutional OC members here is a slap in our face.

"Let the owners of the bars and restaurants that want guns allowed post the signs." I agree with this completely, only that restaurants that do not want guns post signs, the rest permit all types of carry. Do away with the dam alcohol and assembly restriction completely, either by legislature or by the courts.

Last edited:

WTFOVER

Tying RKBA to privilege cards is a grave error, and one I cannot condone. I hope the bill fails. It is a violation of the rights of every citizen in NC to assume only those with permission cards have rights to self defense. The restrictions on restaurants that serve alcohol are unconstitutional, and should be fought on that basis. But some people have this opinion that they are elite by paying government for cards that anyone with a clean record can get. It is nothing more than elitism, and it is anti Open Carry, and IMO has no business being promoted on a site for open carry. Bringing this to constitutional OC members here is a slap in our face.

"Let the owners of the bars and restaurants that want guns allowed post the signs." I agree with this completely, only that restaurants that do not want guns post signs, the rest permit all types of carry. Do away with the dam alcohol and assembly restriction completely, either by legislature or by the courts.

In case you haven't noticed every new bill coming out only spells out conceal carry. NC may be a open carry state but as you can tell no one in the GA cares about open carry or you would be seeing more bills with open carry in it. I get tired of reading posts about how if it doesn't contain something about open carry then to heck with it all, lets hope it fails, or gets dismissed.

I'm willing to bet that open carry was allowed to please a select number of people during a time and has since then been placed on a back burner because again, no one in the GA cares about open carry. For those of you that conisder it a slap in the face what are you doing to get the law changed? Also, unless there are more then 400,000 people in NC that are open carrying your fighting a crowd that is quite large (atleast the latest figures according to the SBI 6/11) who have conceal carry permits. Which do you think the GA is going to taylor bills to?

WalkingWolf

In case you haven't noticed every new bill coming out only spells out conceal carry. NC may be a open carry state but as you can tell no one in the GA cares about open carry or you would be seeing more bills with open carry in it. I get tired of reading posts about how if it doesn't contain something about open carry then to heck with it all, lets hope it fails, or gets dismissed.

I'm willing to bet that open carry was allowed to please a select number of people during a time and has since then been placed on a back burner because again, no one in the GA cares about open carry. For those of you that conisder it a slap in the face what are you doing to get the law changed? Also, unless there are more then 400,000 people in NC that are open carrying your fighting a crowd that is quite large (atleast the latest figures according to the SBI 6/11) who have conceal carry permits. Which do you think the GA is going to taylor bills to?

I get tired of people bringing NON open carry issues to a open carry site looking for support to take away the rights of those same open carriers. This thread has nothing to do with Open Carry or RKBA. A privilege is not a right, GRNC is not supporting OC or the 2A. Bugger Off! And I don't give a **** about how many people are open carrying, I only care what the constitution of this state and the US states.

You can be anti Open Carry and be anti 2A on this site but get used to being called out for it. Take your privileges and put them where the sun don't shine.

PS there are conceal carry sites on the internet you can take your garbage to.

Last edited:

seaweaver1

WW I concur.

I believe just as conservatism springs forth from libertarianism...so to does conceal carry from OPEN.

I'm willing to bet that open carry was allowed to please a select number of people during a time and has since then been placed on a back burner because again,

...someone needs to review the ruling passed down from the NC Supreme Court in ??1927?? who understood SHALL NOT just as most people...or...sign up for the webinar in the sticky at the top of the forum.

cw

Last edited: