Thread: Some input?

Some input?

Hi everyone,

I am new to the world of firearms and this site (although I have been reading a TON of posts on here and have found lots of great information) and was hoping that maybe you guys could give me a hand choosing my first handgun. I have placed a P238 on layaway but was also shown a Bersa .380. Which would you choose? keep in mind i have very small hands!

Thanks!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Saltycupcake View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am new to the world of firearms and this site (although I have been reading a TON of posts on here and have found lots of great information) and was hoping that maybe you guys could give me a hand choosing my first handgun. I have placed a P238 on layaway but was also shown a Bersa .380. Which would you choose? keep in mind i have very small hands!

Thanks!
    They both are good guns...which leads me to my next question. Have you shot both? If the answer is no (I suspect that to be the case) try to find a range(s) that will let you rent both. Shooting a gun is really the only way to know if it's right for you. If you shoot them both and find they are nearly identical in: fit, performance, accuracy, then buy the less expensive one (Bersa). Use the money saved for ammo, holster, etc...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sig_P238.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	10089
    http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...80-acp-pistol/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bersa380.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	10090
    http://www.christiangunowner.com/bersa380review.html
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 03-08-2013 at 04:30 PM. Reason: links etc..
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

You would be correct, no I have not shot either of them. I need to go to the range and try them, do you have any suggestions on where I could go to do that? My brother has a membership at Pro Shots, but I haven't been there yet. I've heard they are a bit expensive.

Lightbulb

You would be correct, no I have not shot either of them. I need to go to the range and try them, do you have any suggestions on where I could go to do that? My brother has a membership at Pro Shots, but I haven't been there yet. I've heard they are a bit expensive.
    Sorry Salty wish I could help, but I'm located in the land of sun & guns...AZ

Maybe you could post a thread in the NC sub-forum asking for help locating ranges near you that A) rent these guns. B)Do so without making you give up your first born!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Ok. Thanks for your help!

Smile

Ok. Thanks for your help!
    You are very welcome! Good luck & may all your OC/CC experiences be good/safe ones.

Thanks again and same to you!