• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some input?

Saltycupcake

Hi everyone,

I am new to the world of firearms and this site (although I have been reading a TON of posts on here and have found lots of great information) and was hoping that maybe you guys could give me a hand choosing my first handgun. I have placed a P238 on layaway but was also shown a Bersa .380. Which would you choose? keep in mind i have very small hands! :lol:

Thanks!

FreeInAZ

Hi everyone,

I am new to the world of firearms and this site (although I have been reading a TON of posts on here and have found lots of great information) and was hoping that maybe you guys could give me a hand choosing my first handgun. I have placed a P238 on layaway but was also shown a Bersa .380. Which would you choose? keep in mind i have very small hands! :lol:

Thanks!

They both are good guns...which leads me to my next question. Have you shot both? If the answer is no (I suspect that to be the case) try to find a range(s) that will let you rent both. Shooting a gun is really the only way to know if it's right for you. If you shoot them both and find they are nearly identical in: fit, performance, accuracy, then buy the less expensive one (Bersa). Use the money saved for ammo, holster, etc... :D

Sig_P238.jpg
http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/...p238-subcompact-single-action-380-acp-pistol/

bersa380.jpg
http://www.christiangunowner.com/bersa380review.html

Last edited:

Saltycupcake

You would be correct, no I have not shot either of them. I need to go to the range and try them, do you have any suggestions on where I could go to do that? My brother has a membership at Pro Shots, but I haven't been there yet. I've heard they are a bit expensive.

FreeInAZ

You would be correct, no I have not shot either of them. I need to go to the range and try them, do you have any suggestions on where I could go to do that? My brother has a membership at Pro Shots, but I haven't been there yet. I've heard they are a bit expensive.

Sorry Salty wish I could help, but I'm located in the land of sun & guns...AZ ;)

Maybe you could post a thread in the NC sub-forum asking for help locating ranges near you that A) rent these guns. B)Do so without making you give up your first born! :p