Thread: Broken Arrow Lunch 3/30

Broken Arrow Lunch 3/30

Ok everyone in NorthEast Oklahoma (And for all of Oklahoma and beyond as well) we will again be having our get together at Knotty Pine BBQ in Broken Arrow on March 30th at 12 noon. We welcome all members and non members who are curious about the open carry and the concealed carry in the state of Oklahoma. We welcome all of your family and friends as well and we want to share great stories of firearms and great BBQ too.

For those who have not been yet you wont find many businesses that are as instrumental in the firearms community as Knotty Pine who not only open their doors to our business but also proudly welcome any and all legal permit carriers to come in any time no questions asked. So if you want a meeting where you can feel at home with your fellow firearms enthusiast as well as a business that treats you with royalty this is the meeting to come too.

One favor of all though is in order to get the best possible seating arrangements we will need to know whos coming and whos bringing a friend, spouse, child or other family member so we can get the best arrangements! We hope to see you guys there!

Kirby

Knotty Pine BBQ
    1424 West Kenosha Street
    Broken Arrow Oklahoma
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-08-2013 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Added date to title

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock 1st fan View Post
    Ok everyone in NorthEast Oklahoma (And for all of Oklahoma and beyond as well) we will again be having our get together at Knotty Pine BBQ in Broken Arrow. We welcome all members and non members who are curious about the open carry and the concealed carry in the state of Oklahoma. We welcome all of your family and friends as well and we want to share great stories of firearms and great BBQ too.

For those who have not been yet you wont find many businesses that are as instrumental in the firearms community as Knotty Pine who not only open their doors to our business but also proudly welcome any and all legal permit carriers to come in any time no questions asked. So if you want a meeting where you can feel at home with your fellow firearms enthusiast as well as a business that treats you with royalty this is the meeting to come too.

One favor of all though is in order to get the best possible seating arrangements we will need to know whos coming and whos bringing a friend, spouse, child or other family member so we can get the best arrangements! We hope to see you guys there!

Kirby

Knotty Pine BBQ
    1424 West Kenosha Street
    Broken Arrow Oklahoma
    [When]
    Saturday, March 30, 2013
    [Time]
    12:00pm

Link to event on Facebook

Link to event on okoca.org
    Last edited by okiebryan; 03-08-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by okiebryan View Post
    [When]
    Saturday, March 30, 2013
    [Time]
    12:00pm

Link to event on Facebook

Link to event on okoca.org
    Thanks Bryan

Yes, please guys if you don't have Facebook or this is the only place you learn about the lunch please post that you are going and how many guests you will bring with you. I will be keeping up with the list and keep knotty pine informed of how many are attending so they are prepared. Thank you.

I plan to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by okiephlyer View Post
    I plan to be there.
    do you know if you will be bringing anyone? If so, how many?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary S View Post
    do you know if you will be bringing anyone? If so, how many?
    as of right now, it is just me. I'll let you know if anything changes.

Ok guys, and gals. There is 15 days until our broken arrow and tulsa lunch, how many people are wanting to join us? So far we have a good group going, but we still have plenty of room for more to join. Please let us know as soon as you can. Thank you all very much.

I will be attending, all the way from Noble, OK USA. -Dustin
    O.K.O.C.A. Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by RugerP95DC View Post
    I will be attending, all the way from Noble, OK USA. -Dustin
    We look forward to you joining us. Will you be bringing any guests with you as well?

Ok just an update. I counted up people coming to lunch along with guests. So far we have 45 joining us. Lets keep it out there and lets see how many we can get total. Thank you all.

Ok guys just wanted to let everyone know that the guests who I have confirmed with just cleared 50 today. Thank you all and please keep it going.

I'm excited to let you know we now have over 60 guests joining us for lunch.

Re: Broken Arrow Lunch 3/30

I am planning on going as well!

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Will it just be you or will you have a guest? Also if you can just send me a pm of just your first name I'd appreciate it, thank you very much.
    Last edited by Gary S; 03-25-2013 at 03:29 PM.

It will be just me...pm sent.

Last edited by redneckanize; 03-25-2013 at 04:43 PM.

My son and I will be there also.

Quote Originally Posted by thegomezclan View Post
    My son and I will be there also.
    Excellent we look forward to you two joining us if you don't have facebook to confirm on the event can you please send me a pm with your first name. I'm keeping count of everyone showing up. Thank you very much.

I will be there with a friend.

Storms are forecast throughout the day. Those of you driving in for the meeting, drive safely.

Hey all...i got called into work today. Yall have fun! Eat some for me!

I would like to take the time to thank everyone who took the time to join us for lunch today.
    I am very happy how big of a turnout we had. I'd especially like to thank everyone that came from Oklahoma city area as well.
    I look forward to planning the next lunch and seeing you all there. Again, thank you all.

had lunch today with near hundred fellow oc'er supporters , got to meet bryan and some other fine folks (course i'm thinking photo retouching of avatars might need discussing lol) .

anyway good food good time had by all , excellent wait staff , everyone pitching together getting us fed .
    afterwords my familiy showed up after their ordeal with health department 10:00 till 1:00 , so i bought them lunch .

nothing like good bbq .

anyway while paying ,a customer ;my son says was grumbling about my style of carry ,(horizontal shoulder carry previously discussed here)to the point he got up and asked that i not cover him with my barrel (my words). think he said something along the lines of looking down the barrel.
    i apologized said i would turn to keep that from happening which i did . he was in the east most booth and the angle of cashier booth had me covering him . he went sat back down ,i had the cashier ring his lunch up . i then went introduced myself apologizing yet again. i asked him to please take care of his waitress, as i had taken care of their lunch . i explained that it was indeed safe the way i was carrying ,to the point of mentioning my son had taken a seat behind me at the door . however i would look into seeing if maybe i could get a different holster that hangs vertical , to which the lovely lady sitting with him mentioned a jacket might make it not so bad . however recognizing in her own statement how it would still be pointing at you . i mentioned that the weather being nice like it was is perhaps why no jacket was used .

discussing it with the son later, i realized i had missed the chance at saying OC was new to us all ,and being the weather has changed it will be more noticable to everyone .anyway my search isn't turning up a holster without buying the whole rig . i told the guy thanks for how he handled discussing his discomfort with me . maybe baby steps ? i didn't by no means convert him but just maybe his first encounter wasn't all bad .

stay safe
    elance

ps looking forward to pinic in the park , and the next gettogether , to which Jim the owner ask were we planning a return next month . i told him me not being a board member i didn't know, but surely wasn't against the ideal . thanks gary

oh and found at galco holster $100
    Last edited by elance; 03-30-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Fantastic turn out - good show guys n' gals.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Broken Arrow lunch at Knotty Pine BBQ March 30th pictures

What a great turnout for a lunch, Gary stiner did an excellent job coordinating this lunch, we filled the meeting room and overflowed into the restraunt.

We also picked up several new paying members which is great!

I enjoyed seeing everyone who came out, it was well worth the drive from Noble! Dustin

Last edited by RugerP95DC; 04-01-2013 at 11:26 AM.
    O.K.O.C.A. Board of Directors