• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Broken Arrow Lunch 3/30

redneckanize

Hey all...i got called into work today. Yall have fun! Eat some for me!

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Gary S

I would like to take the time to thank everyone who took the time to join us for lunch today.
I am very happy how big of a turnout we had. I'd especially like to thank everyone that came from Oklahoma city area as well.
I look forward to planning the next lunch and seeing you all there. Again, thank you all.

elance

had lunch today with near hundred fellow oc'er supporters , got to meet bryan and some other fine folks (course i'm thinking photo retouching of avatars might need discussing lol) .

anyway good food good time had by all , excellent wait staff , everyone pitching together getting us fed .
afterwords my familiy showed up after their ordeal with health department 10:00 till 1:00 , so i bought them lunch .

nothing like good bbq .

anyway while paying ,a customer ;my son says was grumbling about my style of carry ,(horizontal shoulder carry previously discussed here)to the point he got up and asked that i not cover him with my barrel (my words). think he said something along the lines of looking down the barrel.
i apologized said i would turn to keep that from happening which i did . he was in the east most booth and the angle of cashier booth had me covering him . he went sat back down ,i had the cashier ring his lunch up . i then went introduced myself apologizing yet again. i asked him to please take care of his waitress, as i had taken care of their lunch . i explained that it was indeed safe the way i was carrying ,to the point of mentioning my son had taken a seat behind me at the door . however i would look into seeing if maybe i could get a different holster that hangs vertical , to which the lovely lady sitting with him mentioned a jacket might make it not so bad . however recognizing in her own statement how it would still be pointing at you . i mentioned that the weather being nice like it was is perhaps why no jacket was used .

discussing it with the son later, i realized i had missed the chance at saying OC was new to us all ,and being the weather has changed it will be more noticable to everyone .anyway my search isn't turning up a holster without buying the whole rig . i told the guy thanks for how he handled discussing his discomfort with me . maybe baby steps ? i didn't by no means convert him but just maybe his first encounter wasn't all bad .

stay safe
elance

ps looking forward to pinic in the park , and the next gettogether , to which Jim the owner ask were we planning a return next month . i told him me not being a board member i didn't know, but surely wasn't against the ideal . thanks gary

oh and found at galco holster $100

Last edited:

RugerP95DC

Broken Arrow lunch at Knotty Pine BBQ March 30th pictures

What a great turnout for a lunch, Gary stiner did an excellent job coordinating this lunch, we filled the meeting room and overflowed into the restraunt.

We also picked up several new paying members which is great!

I enjoyed seeing everyone who came out, it was well worth the drive from Noble! Dustin

knottypine8_zps916f0ac5.jpg

knottypine7_zps5c072fbd.jpg

knottypine6_zps6dd7df2c.jpg

knottypine5_zps8e5f5abd.jpg

knottypine4_zpsab9e5aa1.jpg

knottypine3_zps6527d95a.jpg

knottypine2_zps53cd082e.jpg

knottypine1_zps155b85a0.jpg

Last edited: