Thread: Gun show protest

Gun show protest

Thumbs up

Snip from story: Linked above

"Clarence Murdock, president of the Huron Gun Collectors and an Adrian-based gun dealer, said he's aware of the planned demonstration and he takes no offense.

"They can say whatever they want," he said. "They have the right to freedom of speech. So does everybody. Without the Second Amendment, you wouldn't have a First Amendment.""

Oh come on, everyone knows the Government will protect our rights!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Question

Any plans for a "push for attendance" or "show of support".? Would be a great youtube clip to see 50 pro folks vs 12 daisy pushers.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Curious if this gun show allows legal carry of a firearm at their show?

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Any plans for a "push for attendance" or "show of support".? Would be a great youtube clip to see 50 pro folks vs 12 daisy pushers.
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    Curious if this gun show allows legal carry of a firearm at their show?
    Who knows? I think the more important point is those in opposition don't want ANYONE to have a gun. Other than the police & military of course...

Sometimes we have to put the petty crap aside and stand with someone we disagree with sometime vs standing for the people we always disagree with (anti's) by doing nothing.

I don't consider it petty, if people want to go confront these ladies then so be it, but don't give money to a fuddapalloza

Who knows? I think the more important point is those in opposition don't want ANYONE to have a gun. Other than the police & military of course...

Sometimes we have to put the petty crap aside and stand with someone we disagree with sometime vs standing for the people we always disagree with (anti's) by doing nothing.
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

Lightbulb

I don't consider it petty, if people want to go confront these ladies then so be it, but don't give money to a fuddapalloza
    Nor do I. However today it's gun shows, tomorrow FFL's. Next thing you know the only way to get a gun is from the Government if you are one of the "liked" members of the party. Get my point? United we stand. Divided we will fall. Simple logic, and our enemies are if not anything else UNITED AGAINST US.

ETA - No one should confront anyone. Instead hold signs that say "we support freedom". We have to learn how to frame things just like our foe does, this is why they are sending little old ladies instead of thugs.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 03-11-2013 at 11:36 PM.

Re: Gun show protest

Crickets...chirping ..chirping...and...silence...

Question

Crickets...chirping ..chirping...and...silence...
    Guess the anti's win the day on this one...

I went there Saturday to give them grief, but they were a no show. The Sargent in arms stated they would be there Sunday. Sunday came and I still saw nothing.

And no the Huron Valley Gun Collectors do not allow legal carry. Although I felt like challenging cause they state NO CC on the door. But nothing about open carry.

Thumbs up

Good news. Thanks for the update. Pretty sad when only one person from the Ann Arbor area seems to care out this type of crap on this forum? Now I know some folks say poo on the fudd's and their gun shows. To those I say this. I left MI & prior to obtaining my AZ CCW I could carry open or (discreetly) without a permit. How? Because 6 years ago AZCDL started attending gun shows and recruiting members. Now they/we are 8,000 paying members strong and growing. With a war-chest of nearly $300,000 to use at the state level (my guess- could be more with donations & raffle sales etc..). That's how constitutional carry was passed nearly three years ago and many other pro 2A laws. AZ is not perfect - but had the (R) Gov. not vetoed a bill removing restrictions from municipal buildings last year, AZ gun law would be far superior to MI's IMHO (factoring the amount of people who can carry/travel armed in state w/o permit).

Imagine if MI had a large active group what could be accomplished? Just saying from small beginnings giant's can be born.

I know MI is a strange magical land with special ways and rules etc..etc..etc.. but if we (those who care about our freedom's & our safety) can't try to work together what's the point?
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 03-14-2013 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Con carry

There is way too much butt-hurt in a certain Michigan gun group and a group of people who felt betrayed by them. Neither side is willing to move toward the other.

Imagine if MI had a large active group what could be accomplished? Just saying from small beginnings giant's can be born.

I know MI is a strange magical land with special ways and rules etc..etc..etc.. but if we (those who care about our freedom's & our safety) can't try to work together what's the point?
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ
    Imagine if MI had a large active group what could be accomplished? . . .
    There is way too much butt-hurt in a certain Michigan gun group and a group of people who felt betrayed by them. Neither side is willing to move toward the other.
    The fractured state of Michigan gun-rights advocates began long before the existence of the org you imply (MOC). See: MCRGO and MGO.

It would be nice to have just one, big, strong, 800-pound gorilla of a state gun-rights org that we could all belong to and contribute to a massive legislative, judicial, and elections warchest. But that would require everyone to have the cajones to stick up for everyone else, and the existence of MCRGO, MGO, and MOC is simple proof that we’re far from there yet.

With regard to our gun rights, we don’t have to fear anti-gunners here in Michigan near as much as we have to fear other Michigan gun owners, at present. The saddest thing about it is this situation, and the remedy (100% sticking together), is as clear as the bright, blue sky, but many gun owners have a hard time freeing themselves from their own gun-rights monkeysphere to embrace full protection of all RKBA.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

I don't see a hope then. The in fighting from the OC community isn't anywhere near cleared up.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    The fractured state of Michigan gun-rights advocates began long before the existence of the org you imply (MOC). See: MCRGO and MGO.

It would be nice to have just one, big, strong, 800-pound gorilla of a state gun-rights org that we could all belong to and contribute to a massive legislative, judicial, and elections warchest. But that would require everyone to have the cajones to stick up for everyone else, and the existence of MCRGO, MGO, and MOC is simple proof that we’re far from there yet.

With regard to our gun rights, we don’t have to fear anti-gunners here in Michigan near as much as we have to fear other Michigan gun owners, at present. The saddest thing about it is this situation, and the remedy (100% sticking together), is as clear as the bright, blue sky, but many gun owners have a hard time freeing themselves from their own gun-rights monkeysphere to embrace full protection of all RKBA.
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense