• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California Senate approves $24 million for gun confiscation program

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
Typical Infowars headline that omits totally relevant information to get pageviews.

That's why this forum requires a FUQ (fair use quote) rather than just a headline and a link.

The California Senate approved a $24-million expenditure on Thursday to speed the confiscation of guns from people who have been disqualified from owning firearms because of criminal convictions or serious mental illness.

Sen. Mark Leno (D-San Francisco) said budget cuts to the Department of Justice have hampered a program that targets people who purchased firearms legally but were later disqualified because of a subsequent conviction or determination of mental illness.

Of course, this could be used as a good argument either for or against registration...

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Typical Infowars headline that omits totally relevant information to get pageviews.

That's why this forum requires a FUQ (fair use quote) rather than just a headline and a link.

Of course, this could be used as a good argument either for or against registration...

Registration ALWAYS leads to confiscation .... soon we'll all have guns that are illegal ...

Infowars ... ya gotta love that website ... I don't have hours to listen to the vids though ...

Robert318

Boarder line psychotic stories and imaginary what ifs exspecially from the pro gun crowd only makes the pro gun side look like nut jobs and is counter productive to the cause to not only support the 2A but also the 5A (nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law).

I see that as a blatant attempt to not only stir up drama but get views. I thought info wars was for the pro gun side not the anti gun side. :banghead::cuss:

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
Boarder line psychotic stories and imaginary what ifs exspecially from the pro gun crowd only makes the pro gun side look like nut jobs and is counter productive to the cause to not only support the 2A but also the 5A (nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law).

I see that as a blatant attempt to not only stir up drama but get views. I thought info wars was for the pro gun side not the anti gun side. :banghead::cuss:

Well said.