• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bad Day At The Capital

Bpdenverco

Well I just happen to have a day off, when it was the last rounds of 2A debates. ​

So I arrived at the capital at 8:30 AM. I was greated by the supporters, all 4 of them. Yes all 4. So I introduced myself and found out some people did go inside. I just happen to have my weapon with me. Since the capital police won't check your weapon at the door, I did not want to go inside. ​

So about 30 min go buy and this black jaguar comes to park, and it has a co govt plate that has ​Dist 3 on the plate. So a man pops out and says hello guys. He proceeds to talk to us, and said are you going in. I had to say no because I was carrying my weapon! Well then he said use my car? I said really then he said I am on the other side of the fence but you have a right to attend the meetings. I was wowed. The mans name was Mr Kagan.

So I proceed to walk with him to the entrance along with another gentlemen I met at the front. Now check this out, when I get to the security checkpoint I was still wearing my holster. Now this is where I go over the deep end. The one fat idiot asked me why I was bringing a holster into the building. He did not ask me about the 100 pounds of plastic under my shirt, or anything about the 5 porcelain knifes . But the red light and sirens went off because of my empty holster. Thats why our government has to get throttled back, and things have to get normal.

So on my walk with Mr. Kagan we talked about 2A and I asked about you will not infring part. As far as he was concerned, you can infring on the 2A.

So long story short, this is another gentleman for the recall list. So a couple of hours later we went to get my weapon back. I had asked him if he knew anything about weapons. He said a little. So I showed him my big bad weapon. I showed him the clip. I said you see these tiny little bullets. It just happens to be the standard clip for this weapon is 20 rounds, ​This is the smallest I can get. He did say he knew it was a issue. So I can just hope he votes against any mag bans.

So went I got out of the meetings around noon, I again was greated by all the supporters. All 6 of them.​

It was a bad day for support at the Capital today.​

Sorry for any bad grammar or spelling.

yotebuster223

I appreciate that you showed up at the Capital, but they simply don't care. There could have been 4000 people there they don't care. They are writing and passing these bills not by the request of the citizens of our state but by the request of mayor bloomberg, joe biden and king obama. Since the conception of these bills in the house and senate, I have gone down to the Capital and sat in committee hearings and second readings and by the looks on the bill supporters faces they DO NOT CARE that the majority in attendance against the bills are even there. In fact there is almost a sense of resentment to the fact that we are there with our I VOTE PRO-GUN stickers on, the only bit of comfort I get from all of this madness is that they will be up for re-election and the look on their faces when the final tallies come in will be priceless.
Now we have to take all of our anger and direct it towards finding PRO 2A candidatess to replace these clowns. Hickenlooper even said in a news interview this past week that he fully expects to be re-elected to a second term, are we going to obligee him or fire him? After we accomplish the replacement then we work on repealing these lousy laws, I believe it was Rep King that mentioned repealing these laws a number of times while he was at the well. Since history repeats itself then lets repeat 1994 and show these Democrats what happens when you mess with peoples Gun Rights.

Forty-five

They care about their own skin, and will take whatever they can get away with. We must continue to let our voices be heard. While I expect "the machine" and Bloomberg's superpac to help them, we must actively help pro-2A candidates replace them. Additionally, we can support companies that stand up for us, for example, the ones that leave the state or the ones involved with the Firearms Equality Movement.

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/02/firearms-equality-movement/#axzz2N4LObM00

Gunslinger

The morons who voted for chickenlooper and the rest of the democrap vermin got just what they wanted. But then, you can't blame cockroaches for acting like cockroaches.

Saxxon

I spent all day Monday there, never did get to speak on the bills I signed up on. That in itself is a violation of process. The Dems limited testimony on each to 1.5 hours - enough for their handful of supporters, but not 1/10th of that needed for the 1,000 or so people packing the halls. If it took a week, they should have held those hearings over so all those that showed up at the appropriate time, got to say their piece. They are rushing this crap thru.

On the Mag ban, no citizens, only "expert" witnesses got to testify. Not sure what qualifies you as expert as there was one regular Joe who did.

The Hunters against Gun Violence group is a total sham "former NRA members" etc. Dumb bastard talked about only needing 3 shells in his shotgun or 6 in his rifle is all anyone ever needs - yo dickhead, when was the last time a deer or duck shot back at you? If you see these guys anywhere abuse them to the fullest extent possible under the law (names may not hurt them, but scorn from all other Coloradans might).

After that tyrannical debacle was done, I went up and caught the start of the CCW ban testimony. Since that has been killed a lot of what I would write is moot. But I will say that Amanda, Kim, Heather and others who testified showed extreme courage in telling their stories about being assaulted on campuses where guns were prohibited. Senator Hudak is a soulless, lying troll. She quoted some made up false statistic that a gun is 83 times more likely to kill the woman who has it than be used to kill an attacker. Really? If that is true then every single homicide in 2011 was a woman who died by her own gun. Because 260 felons were killed by citizens that year of the 11,000 homicdes - if you take half those felons killed as by a woman, then 83 times 130 is 10,790 meaning by Hudak's reckonning all the homicides were women who died by their own gun. Utter nonsense. Then there was also the one girl who testified for the bill claiming she was raped by a CCW holder, though the Sheriffs said they knew of no such case - point being if she knew the person had a CCW then she knew them in some capacity and should have reported the crime. With no corroboration of a report, I say foul on this as contrived testimony - she should have reported the crime for certainly if this was true, the person should be in jail not loose on the streets.

All in all a day of lies and deceit by Democrats, and a great showing by gun owners and Republicans who have fairly well united against these bills.

Let the recalls behing, Morse & McLachlan are already on the block, lets get Hudak and Salazar up there too.

Forty-five

...On the Mag ban, no citizens, only "expert" witnesses got to testify...

Really need to hammer them on this before the final vote tomorrow, and that Governor of yours.

1. When facing multiple assailants, do you really want to be limited to some arbitrary number of rounds.
2. In shootings, private citizens almost always face the threat before the arrival of law enforcement. The only thing that stops these shootings is the arrival of a good guy with gun. Thus, you should not be denied the means of stopping the threat.
3. During the LA riots, remember the Korean business owners standing guard with their rifles having mags in excess of 15. Nobody messed with those businesses.
4. It is your life and the lives of your loved ones. You should have the most effective and most efficient way of protecting the same. Why should you outgunned by bad guys who have higher capacity magazines.
5. Any restriction on magazine capacity is an infringement on your rights. They will not stop at 15.

Saxxon

Trust me, every one of those points has been argued many times, plus the fact of them violating their oath of office.

However, a bit of recent news that someone posted on Magpul's site:

http://www.redstate.com/kforti/2013...mendment-legislators-criminal-record-exposed/

Rhonda Fields, author of HB 1224 magazine limit ban is a criminal. Possibly convicted felon who cannot even own a gun herself. So she wants to limit what we can own to protect ourselves against the likes of her.

Spread this far and wide please, at least the governor can chew on it a few days after the Democraps rubber stamp tomorrow.

Vegassteve

So long story short, this is another gentleman for the recall list. So a couple of hours later we went to get my weapon back. I had asked him if he knew anything about weapons. He said a little. So I showed him my big bad weapon. I showed him the clip. I said you see these tiny little bullets. It just happens to be the standard clip for this weapon is 20 rounds, ​This is the smallest I can get. He did say he knew it was a issue. So I can just hope he votes against any mag bans.

What pistol do you have that uses a clip?

PFC HALE

yeah im still wondering what a clip is? hairclip? paper clip? gangster clip? lol

Last edited:

Bpdenverco

I am older

yeah im still wondering what a clip is? hairclip? paper clip? gangster clip? lol
Clip comes from my M1 days. Here is the official version, in addition my 5.7 holds 20 standard..

A clip is a device that is used to store multiple rounds of ammunition together as a unit, ready for insertion into the magazine or cylinder of a firearm. This speeds up the process of loading and reloading the firearm as several rounds can be loaded at once, rather than one round being loaded at a time. Several different types of clips exist, most of which are made of inexpensive metal stampings that are designed to be disposable, though they are often re-used.
The Merriam-Webster dictionary now defines a clip as "a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm." In essence, the clip stores the rounds of ammunition before being inserted into the magazine, which houses the clip inside for use by the firearm.

bomber

Trust me, every one of those points has been argued many times, plus the fact of them violating their oath of office.

However, a bit of recent news that someone posted on Magpul's site:

http://www.redstate.com/kforti/2013...mendment-legislators-criminal-record-exposed/

Rhonda Fields, author of HB 1224 magazine limit ban is a criminal. Possibly convicted felon who cannot even own a gun herself. So she wants to limit what we can own to protect ourselves against the likes of her.

Spread this far and wide please, at least the governor can chew on it a few days after the Democraps rubber stamp tomorrow.

She is not a felon, but she does have a long list of convictions, including Larceny, Shoplifting, writing bad checks, and a whole lot of traffic violations while she has been in office. In fact, I saw her myself one day, swerving through my neighborhood. Got up next to her and saw her texting away.

bomber

Clip comes from my M1 days. Here is the official version, in addition my 5.7 holds 20 standard..

A clip is a device that is used to store multiple rounds of ammunition together as a unit, ready for insertion into the magazine or cylinder of a firearm. This speeds up the process of loading and reloading the firearm as several rounds can be loaded at once, rather than one round being loaded at a time. Several different types of clips exist, most of which are made of inexpensive metal stampings that are designed to be disposable, though they are often re-used.
The Merriam-Webster dictionary now defines a clip as "a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm." In essence, the clip stores the rounds of ammunition before being inserted into the magazine, which houses the clip inside for use by the firearm.

This whole thread, with all the information about all the nonsense going on at our capitol, and these dummies want to do is make fun of you for saying Clip.

WT*?

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This whole thread, with all the information about all the nonsense going on at our capitol, and these dummies want to do is make fun of you for saying Clip.

WT*?
Don't think anyone meant him ill will; however, the correct nomenclature is important and a good habit.

AR15's are not automatic assault rifles. Black Talons are not Teflon coated cop killers. Magazines are not clips.

I would hope that when speaking before or writing to elected representatives at the capitol, we would all use the correct terminology.

The posters/users that encourage proper usage are not dummies.

BTW - we don't use the "F" bomb on this forum.

acmariner99

Well, you know what they say: "you get the government you deserve." Sad to see so few Coloradans standing up for their rights at such a pivotal moment. Too bad, I really like Colorado.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well, you know what they say: "you get the government you deserve." Sad to see so few Coloradans standing up for their rights at such a pivotal moment. Too bad, I really like Colorado.

The city and county of Denver has the preponderance of anti freedom, anti gun voters/residents. Colorado needs to break the grip of this liberal bloc. The rest of the state is quite conservative. There is much good throughout the state - they are experiencing "growing pains" IMHO.

77zach

The senate passed the standard capacity magazine ban. Mundanes will no longer be able to purchase standard magazines for many pistols and rifles. If you are a "god", i.e, you work for the state and wear a state issued uniform, you will be exempt.

Just another day in the land o' the free, home of the brave.

PFC HALE

The senate passed the standard capacity magazine ban. Mundanes will no longer be able to purchase standard magazines for many pistols and rifles. If you are a "god", i.e, you work for the state and wear a state issued uniform, you will be exempt.

Just another day in the land o' the free, home of the brave.

so much for all the man hours wasted "voicing opinion" against this sh!t....

those in power to vote these bills into law did only one thing to these "voiced opinions"... they ignored us.

when will people learn that the system set up for us to use has no power against those with power.

time to take the power back.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Another feel good bill that accomplishes nothing but to penalize honest people.

Pointless stupidity.