• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Louisville movie theaters

09jisaac

I open carry at any movie theater I choose to and have no problems. I know for a fact management saw it on a few occasions.

So then why don't you answer OP's question? You're from Louisville, you have been to plenty of movie theaters that has openly welcomed you and your firearm. I am assuming that if both of these are true, then you must have visited some movie theaters in Louisville.

Cottonbaler

Dixie Dozen is GTG...

I took Mrs. Cottonbaler to see the new Oz movie this past Sunday. I OCed my Ruger SR9 in an Uncle Mike's Reflex holster on my right side. No problems whatsoever.

Of course it helps to dress nicely. I was wearing dark blue (not faded) jeans and a long sleeve button-up khaki shirt.

dan_c012

Just a quick update. I went to the Stonybrook RAVE movie theaters OCing my Bretta 96D and as soon as management saw me they walked very briskly away. Next thing I knew I had a very nice Jefferson County Sheriff come up to me and let me know that "On the property owner's request" they do not want firearms in the building. He asked me to put it in my car and I could come back in. I did and then talked to him a bit more. He said that the Rave Cinema management has made it their policy now not to allow firearms "in the building".

Just thought I would share.

Last edited:

Flounder

The Village 8 theater off of Dutchmans Lane recently added a sign to the box office stating that no weapons were allowed, including firearms. This is the location where I had posted about having a non confrontation with an LMPD officer a couple months ago.

Seems several theaters are starting to have this policy, or are enforcing it.

neuroblades

Just a quick update. I went to the Stonybrook RAVE movie theaters OCing my Bretta 96D and as soon as management saw me they walked very briskly away. Next thing I knew I had a very nice Jefferson County Sheriff come up to me and let me know that "On the property owner's request" they do not want firearms in the building. He asked me to put it in my car and I could come back in. I did and then talked to him a bit more. He said that the Rave Cinema management has made it their policy now not to allow firearms "in the building".

Just thought I would share.

This is exactly why you DO NOT carry openly in businesses that hold this inane and dangerous mentality. On the extremely rare occasions where something like this has happened to me and they tell me that IF I take it to my vehicle and stow it then I "could come back", I look them directly in the eye with a noted sense of sympathy for their ignorance and lack of knowledge and I inform them that I want a refund and that I will let others know openly about their policy!

09jisaac

This is exactly why you DO NOT carry openly in businesses that hold this inane and dangerous mentality. On the extremely rare occasions where something like this has happened to me and they tell me that IF I take it to my vehicle and stow it then I "could come back", I look them directly in the eye with a noted sense of sympathy for their ignorance and lack of knowledge and I inform them that I want a refund and that I will let others know openly about their policy!

It is very ignorant of people to have this view. I think most people have lost all "critical thinking".

If you were a criminal or anyone intent on doing harm you would not want the extra scrutiny associated with OC.

If they don't want you to have a firearm in their business, YOU are what they have a problem with. Surely they know your firearm won't just jump out of the holster and start shooting people.

What if you were intent on doing harm, do they honestly think a polite request would sway you? What would stop you from just pulling the firearm there?

They usually say though, that if you take it out to your vehicle you can come back in. You leave and return, now you aren't visibly armed. If you were wishing harm, what would have stopped you from just tucking the firearm in your pants? Nothing.

The WHOLE situation is just very irrational. I have tried this logic with people, but most has already made up their mind. Most are just to opposed to logic.

neuroblades

It is very ignorant of people to have this view. I think most people have lost all "critical thinking".

If you were a criminal or anyone intent on doing harm you would not want the extra scrutiny associated with OC.

If they don't want you to have a firearm in their business, YOU are what they have a problem with. Surely they know your firearm won't just jump out of the holster and start shooting people.

What if you were intent on doing harm, do they honestly think a polite request would sway you? What would stop you from just pulling the firearm there?

They usually say though, that if you take it out to your vehicle you can come back in. You leave and return, now you aren't visibly armed. If you were wishing harm, what would have stopped you from just tucking the firearm in your pants? Nothing.

The WHOLE situation is just very irrational. I have tried this logic with people, but most has already made up their mind. Most are just to opposed to logic.

Exactly!

ArmyOC

I frequently visit the Rave Cinemas theater on Preston HWY OC my Full Sized Springfield 1911, and not once had any trouble at all. On one occasion I went during the weekend (on a Friday or Saturday I can't remember which) and they had a Jefferson County Sheriff Officer standing in the lobby we made eye contact he saw my pistol and just carried on; didn't say a word to me.

Last edited: