Thread: Dealing, demonstrating in Oly; McGinn hints at exploit of Seattle shooting

Dealing, demonstrating in Oly; McGinn hints at exploit of Seattle shooting

Dealing, demonstrating in Olymia as McGinn exploits shooting

As an intense lobbying effort is reportedly underway in Olympia to push a background check measure, gun owners were expected to gather on the Capitol campus Saturday morning to oppose additional gun controls.

http://www.examiner.com/article/deal...id=db_articles

Well,,,

I wish I had known about this meet sooner.
    Found out about it at about noon on Saturday.
    I would have liked to have gone to it.
    I did see a report on king5 Saturday night, kind of a small turn out, but still, it made some impact!

Did anybody from OCDO go to it?
    Anyody got an after action report?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    I wish I had known about this meet sooner.
    Found out about it at about noon on Saturday.
    I would have liked to have gone to it.
    I did see a report on king5 Saturday night, kind of a small turn out, but still, it made some impact!

Did anybody from OCDO go to it?
    Anyody got an after action report?
    Deros and I stopped by....about 200 people. No speakers, just "open mic" which in my opinion is a disaster waiting to happen... The organizer also sent out press releases saying he expected 2500 to show... so he set the expectations way to high. He spent money on honey buckets.... I spoke with him and tried to explain political capital/momentum. I spoke with him explaining that this was the 3rd 'rally' since Jan 19th.

What is important is to call/phone/email your legislators NOW! They are deciding to vote for 1588 (so-called "universal" background checks, i.e. making private transactions illegal)
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Deros and I stopped by....about 200 people. No speakers, just "open mic" which in my opinion is a disaster waiting to happen... The organizer also sent out press releases saying he expected 2500 to show... so he set the expectations way to high. He spent money on honey buckets.... I spoke with him and tried to explain political capital/momentum. I spoke with him explaining that this was the 3rd 'rally' since Jan 19th.

What is important is to call/phone/email your legislators NOW! They are deciding to vote for 1588 (so-called "universal" background checks, i.e. making private transactions illegal)
    Let me guess, it was Mr. "we're a non profit militia" Kook kook was it?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Let me guess, it was Mr. "we're a non profit militia" Kook kook was it?
    Why the name calling? Do you know him personally? I don't think you have earned calling him names until you know him personally.

Jacob Kukuk is his name, he is young (23) and naive in his approach. I made attempts ahead of time to explain, he didn't listen. I gave him the same criticism in person and he was open to the constructive criticism.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Why the name calling? Do you know him personally? I don't think you have earned calling him names until you know him personally.

Jacob Kukuk is his name, he is young (23) and naive in his approach. I made attempts ahead of time to explain, he didn't listen. I gave him the same criticism in person and he was open to the constructive criticism.
    I certianly didn't like when he went to the 1588 hearing and identified himself as leader of a non profit militia..... I certainly hope he was open to your criticism becuase I think he's harming gun right at this point. I have the same critique of speakers who get up and say we need to bury ham radios and impose religious law.... We've already dodged the media bullet on a couple of extreme harmful thing our spokespeople have said.... I don't want our luck being tested further.

Although you are right about name calling, I was wrong to say that....
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 03-11-2013 at 01:24 AM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

McGinn to exploit shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    Dealing, demonstrating in Olymia as McGinn exploits shooting

As an intense lobbying effort is reportedly underway in Olympia to push a background check measure, gun owners were expected to gather on the Capitol campus Saturday morning to oppose additional gun controls.

http://www.examiner.com/article/deal...id=db_articles
    McGinn is full of carp! The city already has the power to ban park employees from carrying in park facilities as upheld in Cherry v Municipality of Metropolitan Seattle.

in fact, I'd bet a day's pay that the city already has such an employee policy in place and that Piksa defied it; demonstrating exactly how effective such 'gun bans' truly are.
    cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt