• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Slitting the throat of your own political future

motoxmann

I like the comment someone left on that story suggesting Colt and MagPul sponsor their own individual racecars for that race :)

Freiheit417

Email sent to Brian France, Chairman & CEO of NASCAR asking him to ignore the Senator's ramblings. I told him that I'm embarrassed to even admit that Murphy is my Senator.

If they do pull the NRA as a sponsor, I'm sure it'll go over real well with NASCAR fans, especially Texans! :cuss:

Freiheit417

I like the comment someone left on that story suggesting Colt and MagPul sponsor their own individual racecars for that race :)

I like this comment that was posted - "I have to agree with him.....this race should renamed as "Shut Up Sen. Chris Murphy 500." :lol:

Ctclassic

Email sent to Brian France, Chairman & CEO of NASCAR asking him to ignore the Senator's ramblings. I told him that I'm embarrassed to even admit that Murphy is my Senator.

If they do pull the NRA as a sponsor, I'm sure it'll go over real well with NASCAR fans, especially Texans! :cuss:

NASCAR really doesn't have a say in it, the deal sits with the NRA and Texas Motor Speedway. And it would be my wish for them to invite idiot Murphy to be Grand Marshall of the race. The spectators would eat him alive.

Like I've posted elsewhere on this, The south is all about God, guns and NASCAR. And WE have a Jr. Senator who is about to find out what stirring a beehive is all about!!

Last edited:

Freiheit417

True, it is the decision of the Texas Motor Speedway, but from what I read NASCAR still has the ability to "disapprove" the sponsorship. I don't know how binding it is, but it seems they have some say in it at the very least.

From the link previously posted (emphasis mine):

NASCAR said in a statement on Monday that "race entitlement partnerships" are agreements directly between the track and the sponsor though NASCAR reserves the right to approve or disapprove those sponsorships.

It would perhaps be funny if the Senator was the Grand Marshall. The booing would be so loud, it would be heard all the way up here in CT!