Back when I lived in North Carolina, I was with a group of people, some were friends, some I barely knew, that all shared the use of some private property for shooting. No one paid anything, but we were all responsible for keeping the area clean and safe. Some guys kept it mowed, I diligently policed brass and targets, and one of the guys even set up a lock box with a first aid kit, bottled water, and snacks. It was a bit of a drive for me so I didn't get out there as often as I'd had liked, but it was nice to have access to shooting without paying a range $20 an hour.

Now that I'm back in MN, I've tried my best to network with some people that had the necessary land, but I've come up short. I'm now reaching out to my fellow OCDO members to see who might be interested. Finding guys that are interested in free shooting isn't the problem :-) it's finding the land in the first place. I am NOT posting this anywhere else, and I'm hoping to keep this to a small group of people.

So who has property within decent driving time of the Twin Cities that is legal and safe to shoot on? Hell I'd even consider a nominal $5 to show up donation if necessary. Spring is coming, so let's see if we can get this ball rolling!