• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Coming home

fire suppressor

I guess some things and some relationships are not meant to last. After a six month absence it looks like I will be returning back home to Washington specifically the Kitsap/ King county area somewhere near the end of this month. I have not been gone too long but I also have not done the best job of keeping up with the local news. Bas there been any changes to laws or events that I need to know about

Trigger Dr

Eddie,
If you make it back in time, come to the 3rd Saturday meet in Port Orchard at the Hideaway.

Alpine

I guess some things and some relationships are not meant to last. After a six month absence it looks like I will be returning back home to Washington specifically the Kitsap/ King county area somewhere near the end of this month. I have not been gone too long but I also have not done the best job of keeping up with the local news. Bas there been any changes to laws or events that I need to know about

Not sure how long it's been since you've been gone, but probably not much change though there's some pushing in the pipe.

They're trying to push an "assault weapon" ban here, as well as attempting "universal background checks" for private sales, which would have the effect of nearly outlawing private sales since LEOs can't use NICS for that purpose and most gun shops won't do that check for $20 or less.

Main bills to watch out for are those two, there are several other stupid ones but when you get here make sure to call up your legislators and bug them about HB 1588 and SB 5737. The "assault weapons" ban is fairly dead on the Senate side, but by no means is it as dead as it needs to be.

fire suppressor

It will be nice to be back home Michigan if full of hunters but not necessarily gun advocates. Michigan does have a open carry population but I have found them to be much more spread out compared to Washington and not nearly as organized are supportive. There has been a lot of shootings since I left have they effected people's view towards us at all?