Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does cc make you anti oc ?

does cc make you anti oc ?

i carry both ways. but ive read comments on this board to the effect that, a certain person who runs a certain organization is anti oc.
    i think that if one prefers one method over another, it does not make that person anti the other method.
    i have worked the tables at gun shows for the organization in question and open carried at that event along side of other volenteers.
    ive never heard a comment of any kind about my oc. cc does not mean you are anti oc. i follow both comment boards and carry both ways....carry on.
    i'd rather be a hammer than a nail.

Banned

I see your titular question as asking, "Does the exercise of a licensed privilege mean that you are against the free exercise of a right?"

Phrased that way, I think the answer is obviously no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

When volunteering, the first rule is to not engender "hard feelings" by unpaid staff. The "else" should be self evident.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

NO absolutely not, but anti 2A who want to carry but not admit they are anti-gun, conceal carry. For some reason they think they are special from the rest of the citizens. Then there are those who make a living, a very good one, from concealed carry. To them open carry is a danger to their income.

Some people feel a need to hide there handgun from public view. In probably most cases it is legitimate, in other cases it is based on prejudice, paranoia, elitism, and/or greed. Unfortunately of the CC community they seem to be very vocal.

To the OP when a certain person who heads a certain organization says that only CC privilege card holders are sane, and that Open Carriers are drunk bikers, and pushes legislation to harm OC one can clearly see that the person is anti OC. But he still would like us to support him, and give him money.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 03-11-2013 at 01:01 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    NO absolutely not, but anti 2A who want to carry but not admit they are anti-gun, conceal carry. For some reason they think they are special from the rest of the citizens. Then there are those who make a living, a very good one, from concealed carry. To them open carry is a danger to their income.

Some people feel a need to hide there handgun from public view. In probably most cases it is legitimate, in other cases it is based on prejudice, paranoia, elitism, and/or greed. Unfortunately of the CC community they seem to be very vocal.

To the OP when a certain person who heads a certain organization says that only CC privilege card holders are sane, and that Open Carriers are drunk bikers, and pushes legislation to harm OC one can clearly see that the person is anti OC. But he still would like us to support him, and give him money.
    lol.

.................................................. ........ Your word twisting-fu is strong, Grasshoppah.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-11-2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Personal attack deleted

I CC when I carry(usually anywhere but work, employees can't carry, although I don't always carry everywhere I go), but I'm not anti OC. Where I work at is pro OC(they even post that on the front door), and I've seen several people in the past few days OCing. It doesn't bother me one bit.
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

God's Plan of Salvation

Lightbulb

The way one carries (or does not carry /no cc or oc) is a personal choice. I carry both ways OC & CC daily. I have nothing against those who cc. For me it is a question of speed to defense that tends to make me OC a primary and cc one or more backup pistols. This and the added benefit of "conditioning" the public against the view of: "only cops & criminals carry guns".

I know from experience (practice drills), I can deploy a OC pistol much faster than a CC pistol. A half second or better depending on the clothing worn. Doesn't sound like much time, but it is when the chips are down. Carry on open or discreetly as we say here in AZ.

Note* this being the internet - where common sense is sometimes lacking, I felt compelled to add - never use live rounds during practice drills unless you are at a facility that allows this and you are up to speed in safe gun handling practices.*
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 03-11-2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Note
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny. by Mahatma Gandhi

It is not a persons mode of carry that makes them anti OC, it is their words, actions, and attitudes that does. There are many members on here who CC who are not anti OC, in fact they are very much in favor of OC. There are a few who that work against OC, both in words and actions. I really don't give a squat about why they are the way they are, just that they are.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

The only time I cc is at work. Carrying cc , definitely doesn't make one anti oc.

I like either option, depending what's the agenda for the day.

I do both, just depends on where I am at the moment. If at work, definitely CC since OC would likely have me hunting for a new job. If shopping at BiLo or if we are walking at the mall, I cc...if at Food Lion, I OC. Just depends.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

To answer the question that no one seems to want to touch. The organization that I believe you are referring too seems to be interested in expanding the ability to CC for permit holders in places that are now off limits, but somehow feels that asking that the same thing be extended to OC is not appropriate (or won't be well received, or will cause problems, or will make folks vote against the legislation)

Now, IMO, the moment we lift a state sponsored privilege above the constitutional right to OC we are asking for problems. It may be a harder fight to bring OC along if it's written into the legislation. But lessening the right to increase the privilege is just not a good idea. With HB 650 we, for the first time, are allowed to CC in a place that we cannot OC. State parks. That's not a good idea IMO.

On a personal level, I both CC and OC. But I want to be the one that makes that choice, not the state.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    To answer the question that no one seems to want to touch. The organization that I believe you are referring too seems to be interested in expanding the ability to CC for permit holders in places that are now off limits, but somehow feels that asking that the same thing be extended to OC is not appropriate (or won't be well received, or will cause problems, or will make folks vote against the legislation)

Now, IMO, the moment we lift a state sponsored privilege above the constitutional right to OC we are asking for problems. It may be a harder fight to bring OC along if it's written into the legislation. But lessening the right to increase the privilege is just not a good idea. With HB 650 we, for the first time, are allowed to CC in a place that we cannot OC. State parks. That's not a good idea IMO.

On a personal level, I both CC and OC. But I want to be the one that makes that choice, not the state.
    +1

I admit I'm new here and this is my still developing opinion:

I think OC should be allowed in more places than CC, pretty much anywhere the property owner doesn't object.

Once you tie a permission slip to be able to CC in certain places where OC isn't allowed, I think changing it to add OC will be very difficult. It should be in the bill to begin with.

The ones who are against it seem to be the ones who think everyone freaks out when they see a gun,even in it's holster.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

do you think that people on this web site are a little biased in their opinion on OC to start.

i have been on other sites that venomously attack OC. they have made statements that OC will end all carry
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

I read through the Gold State Carry Thread and the leader of GRNC was posting there and it seemed his attitude towards OC was that it's for drunk Bikers who like to cause a scene and that's why it wasn't going to be in the legislation if he had anything to do with it.

Conversely, OC'ers seem to think if you want to CC go ahead, we don't try to limit you, don't put yourself ahead of us.

I don't like the idea of tying carry in a restaurant to the CC permission, whatever NC calls it. Admittedly, I am new to the OC aspect, but I am looking forward to coming home in July and OC'ing in NC, the less I have to get permission from the Govt. for the happier I am.

The part that is going to suck is at least half of my favorite restaurants serve alcohol, so that will be something to think about.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    do you think that people on this web site are a little biased in their opinion on OC to start.

i have been on other sites that venomously attack OC. they have made statements that OC will end all carry
    The thing is NOBODY on this site attacks concealed carry, they attack a few anti-OC buffoons.

I don't have numbers but I would imagine half of the members here are OC and CC, and are fine members. Some of us prefer OC only. Then there is that select few for whatever reason that hate OC in NC and strive to eliminate it. No one can be that dumb/stupid/ignorant not to know the agenda of one person. Especially since he made his opinion so painfully clear, yet he wants our support, and money~~Boink him!
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by ron73440 View Post

The part that is going to suck is at least half of my favorite restaurants serve alcohol, so that will be something to think about.
    I can't say that it is not annoying, but for me it has not been a hassle. I have always been able to find a non alcohol restaurant that had good food and is OC friendly. We ate at Brass Kettle last night, nothing fancy but good, and not expensive. The waitress spent a good amount of time talking to us as well as serving us. A lot of times in these little country restaurants people(locals) are more approaching and friendly.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

lets see...my memory of the gold state carry thread began as a complaint NC citizens could not carry in established that served food and adult beverages....then a GRNC board member, with permission of the organizational president, stated GRNC only represented sane and sober CC NC citizens to the NC GAssembly. postings abounded and finally GRNCs president posted those same sentiments. when asked about what the organization felt about restaurant carry the president stated he didn't push the issue last year. he did claim quite proudly his organization pushed class III issues through the nc GAssembly tho!!

it seems when anybody questions the GRNC about the scope or its activities on this forum, the individual(s) are called names or in the case of the gold state thread, threatened with legal actions. when ppl ask what the GRNC does they are also subjected to name calling. (as has already started on this thread sigh!!)

everyone, oc & cc, should be represented equally in front of NCs GAssembly but the premier group in the state feels only one segment of NCs firearm carrying citizens are worthy of their efforts.

additionally, everyone should be afforded answers to their questions regarding the goals and aspirations of the org they are investing their money and time in w/o being subjected to name calling or ridicule.

unfortunately this is not the case.

wabbit

PS: papa bear you aren't referring to ncgunowners bad mouthing OCg are you??
    Last edited by ncwabbit; 03-13-2013 at 09:32 PM. Reason: whew corrected bad spelling
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

Quote Originally Posted by ncwabbit View Post
    PS: papa bear you arent referring to ncgunowners bad mouthing OCg are you??
    Where are you going with this one, mate? I am a former member of a site that was really down on OC, but NCGO isn't it. I think you are close to bad mouthing a specific forum without being specific about posting.
    Last edited by bc.cruiser; 03-14-2013 at 11:19 PM.

please thread carefully with your comments mate

as you will note in papa bear's comment: quote i have been on other sites that venomously attack OC. they have made statements that OC will end all carry. unquote

my ps to papa bear was aimed at quantifying which site he was referring to...nothing more or nothing less!!

i have visited NCGO's site and had not personally seen that type of OC against CC or vice verse mentality, however, while my site visit(s) are brief and I thought i might have missed this mentality in my quick sojourns to what i consider a premier state focused firearm's site.

wabbit
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

seting the record straight

i am the op, and was not aware of any anti oc opinions by the org. in question.
    my op question was only a question. and as i said before, i carry both ways depending on circumstances.
    i am also a biker as well as a gun toter. and back in the day i recall no motorcycles allowed signs being posted in alot of resturaunt and motels.
    even leather jackets were banned in alot of places., thanks to marlin brando movies of the 50's and 60's.
    prejudice is an ugly thing.
    ive only been packin for about a year and have much to learn about the various organizations.
    thanks to all who replied.
    i'd rather be a hammer than a nail.

Quote Originally Posted by bellyfat View Post
    i am the op, and was not aware of any anti oc opinions by the org. in question.
    my op question was only a question. and as i said before, i carry both ways depending on circumstances.
    i am also a biker as well as a gun toter. and back in the day i recall no motorcycles allowed signs being posted in alot of resturaunt and motels.
    even leather jackets were banned in alot of places., thanks to marlin brando movies of the 50's and 60's.
    prejudice is an ugly thing.
    ive only been packin for about a year and have much to learn about the various organizations.
    thanks to all who replied.
    i think i read about brando and dean in my history books...lol or from watching OLDE movies...

wabbit

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Note to the forum:

What eye95 says seems to be the standard the SCOTUS is likely to adopt in states where concealed carry requires a license, especially when OC does not. To this extent, it is accurate.

I submit, however, that he has an insidious way of repeatedly stating this as though it were unquestionable Fact, that there is some inherent truth to this completely arbitrary differentiation.

I myself have made the observation that the SCOTUS is likely to argue what eye95 says here, and for litigative purposes it might as well be assumed as a practical matter.

But it's also become apparent (largely through his own admission) that eye95 believes this to be a fundamental truth, seemingly universal, despite the existence of several states where open carry is prohibited outright, a number of which only allow carry at all concealed, and with a permit.

Since this thread isn't related to any litigative endeavor, but is more "philosophical" in nature, I'm inclined to take issue with eye95's assertion in this context.

It is my belief that the right to bear arms is an extension of the general right to do anything which does not aggressively interfere with another's sphere of equal right. Whether a person hides or "displays" his weapon affects my freedom and rights not at all, and therefore is within nobody's rightful authority to dictate.

So, when eye95 asserts "OC is right, CC is privilege" as though it's divine truth: always remember that he's wrong. His view is only valid in the extremely narrow context of litigation and legal precedent, i.e. when prostrating oneself and begging for scraps of right from our benevolent superiors, in this case the SCOTUS.

are you speaking for eye95 or don't you have an opinion for yourself??

wabbit

Quote Originally Posted by ncwabbit View Post
    are you speaking for eye95 or don't you have an opinion for yourself??

wabbit
    Edit: I'm not going to let you derail the point I'm trying to make. I deleted the original post, clarified a few things, and reposted it on the next page. There will no longer be any good-faith justification for claiming that I am putting words in eye95's mouth, which was certainly not my intent. My intent was to refute something he has said, repeatedly.
    Last edited by marshaul; 03-14-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Note to the forum:

What eye95 says seems to be the standard the SCOTUS is likely to adopt in states where concealed carry requires a license, especially when OC does not. To this extent, it is accurate.

I submit, however, that he has an insidious way of repeatedly stating this as though it were unquestionable Fact, that there is some inherent truth to this completely arbitrary differentiation.

I myself have made the observation that the SCOTUS is likely to argue what eye95 says here, and for litigative purposes it might as well be assumed as a practical matter.

But it's also become apparent (largely through his own admission) that eye95 believes this to be a fundamental truth, seemingly universal, despite the existence of several states where open carry is prohibited outright – a number of which only allow carry at all concealed, and with a permit.

Since this thread isn't related to any litigative endeavor, but is more "philosophical" in nature, I'm inclined to take issue with eye95's assertion in this context.

It is my belief that the right to bear arms is an extension of the general right to do anything which does not aggressively interfere with another's sphere of equal right. Whether a person hides or "displays" his weapon affects my freedom and rights not at all, and therefore is within nobody's rightful authority to dictate.

So, when eye95 asserts "OC is right, CC is privilege" as though it's divine truth: always remember that he's wrong. His view is only valid in the extremely narrow context of litigation and legal precedent, i.e. when prostrating oneself and begging for scraps of right from our benevolent superiors, in this case the SCOTUS.
    hummmm...perhaps i misread the post?

NAH...didn't happen...my previous statement stands..

wabbit
    Last edited by ncwabbit; 03-14-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast