Thread: Silly question

Silly question

With only one vote standing between liberty, and tyranny, what would happen if one, or more of the communists was late for the vote today? Say they inexplicably had car trouble, had an anonymous tip phoned in to the police about the methlab, and 12 year old Chinese girl chained up in their basement, or had some other unforseen, and completely unintentional delay. Would the vote go on without them?

Quote Originally Posted by Small_Arms_Collector View Post
    With only one vote standing between liberty, and tyranny, what would happen if one, or more of the communists was late for the vote today? Say they inexplicably had car trouble, had an anonymous tip phoned in to the police about the methlab, and 12 year old Chinese girl chained up in their basement, or had some other unforseen, and completely unintentional delay. Would the vote go on without them?
    Weill, TBH, it's a little late for that. They're likely all there already. The Dems are chomping at the bit to control the people more. They won't let this moment pass by without asserting their dominance over the plebes.

Notably 2 Democratic Senators voted against the ban. Now there is always the possibility that it was Kabuki Theatre arranged to give Senators in vulnerable district a bye on something that could jeopradize re-election, but I know that Lois Tochtrop was also a supporter of our CCW reform back in 2003 so I think her opposition was genuine consideration of the merits of the law vs the effect it wouldn't have vs the effect it would have on people's rights and ability to defend themselves. I don't know much more about Cheri Jahn, but I do appreciate her standing up against it regardlesss.

Both women should be thanked for their stance for freedom and responsiblity instead of stampeding with the mass of their party.

On a related note, I am fairly sure Senator Hudak could be sidelined in some manner given her misconduct in electioneering and in committee.