• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Silly question

Small_Arms_Collector

With only one vote standing between liberty, and tyranny, what would happen if one, or more of the communists was late for the vote today? Say they inexplicably had car trouble, had an anonymous tip phoned in to the police about the methlab, and 12 year old Chinese girl chained up in their basement, or had some other unforseen, and completely unintentional delay. Would the vote go on without them?

mobiushky

With only one vote standing between liberty, and tyranny, what would happen if one, or more of the communists was late for the vote today? Say they inexplicably had car trouble, had an anonymous tip phoned in to the police about the methlab, and 12 year old Chinese girl chained up in their basement, or had some other unforseen, and completely unintentional delay. Would the vote go on without them?

Weill, TBH, it's a little late for that. They're likely all there already. The Dems are chomping at the bit to control the people more. They won't let this moment pass by without asserting their dominance over the plebes.

Saxxon

Notably 2 Democratic Senators voted against the ban. Now there is always the possibility that it was Kabuki Theatre arranged to give Senators in vulnerable district a bye on something that could jeopradize re-election, but I know that Lois Tochtrop was also a supporter of our CCW reform back in 2003 so I think her opposition was genuine consideration of the merits of the law vs the effect it wouldn't have vs the effect it would have on people's rights and ability to defend themselves. I don't know much more about Cheri Jahn, but I do appreciate her standing up against it regardlesss.

Both women should be thanked for their stance for freedom and responsiblity instead of stampeding with the mass of their party.

On a related note, I am fairly sure Senator Hudak could be sidelined in some manner given her misconduct in electioneering and in committee.