• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Metcalf Banks

Show-me_Greg

Went into my local branch today, in Lee's Summit, at lunch and the bank has now posted a "No Gun" sign on the door. It is not the official "legal" sign, but they have posted!! The local branch manager tells me she was instructed to post the sign. She personally does NOT have a problem with CCW and feels that customers carrying add a level of security, since the bank doesn't have guards.

The main bank number is 816-525-5300 and the president of the bank is Tom Fitzsimmons (sp?). I called and left a message. My call was returned, by an executive, and I voiced my anger. I explained that I will be changing banks and moving all of our money if the policy is not reversed. She is "looking" into the matter and will be calling me back.

If you are a Metcalf Bank customer, call and let them know your position.

Show-me_Greg

Update!!!

I received a second call from the bank. They are reviewing the "gun" issue, but "Public opinion is against guns and she doesn't think that the sign will come down."

I was assured that I would be called again once a final decision had been made.

********If you bank with Metcalf, please call and be a part of the "public" opinion.****************

Show-me_Greg

I heard from the bank again this afternoon.

They are gathering info and doing research for a meeting to be held next Wednesday the 20th. I was told that they would make a decision regarding "Guns in their bank" next week and that I wold receive a follow-up call with the results.

*******Please call and voice your opinion if you bank with Metcalf Bank***************

Thanks
Greg

Show-me_Greg

Just received a call from the bank. It is official.

They are going to leave the "No Gun" signs UP at all of the bank branches. Time to find a New bank.

Greg

zekester

Peggy Mathhews.....is the name you need to call

I called the number and was transfered to her......She was not happy!!!!!

Call...call....calll!!!!!!!!

Show-me_Greg

Was its a coincidence????? Metcalf bank robbed April 2, 2013..........................

INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - Police say two men robbed an Independence bank Tuesday morning.

Authorities report it happened a few minutes before 11 a.m. at Metcalf Bank at 23rd and Northern Boulevard.

A police dispatcher said the two men showed some sort of note, but did not display a weapon.

A spokeswoman with the FBI said the suspects were both between 5 foot 10 and 6 feet tall and had a medium build.

Boba Fett

Was its a coincidence????? Metcalf bank robbed April 2, 2013..........................

INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - Police say two men robbed an Independence bank Tuesday morning.

Authorities report it happened a few minutes before 11 a.m. at Metcalf Bank at 23rd and Northern Boulevard.

A police dispatcher said the two men showed some sort of note, but did not display a weapon.

A spokeswoman with the FBI said the suspects were both between 5 foot 10 and 6 feet tall and had a medium build.

That just made my morning. :banana:

Karma's a b**** for sure! :cool:

Oramac

Call the lady you talked to last time. Say "I saw the news about the robbery. Sorry to hear it. How's that gun free zone working out for you?"