Thread: Court Strikes down NYCs "assault soda" ban

Court Strikes down NYCs "assault soda" ban

A New York Court has ruled that Bloomberg's executive board of health does not have the authority to ban or limit legal items....

n his ruling, Judge Tingling found the Board of Health's mission is to protect New Yorkers by providing regulations that prevent and protect against diseases. Those powers, he argued, don't include the authority to "limit or ban a legal item under the guise of 'controlling chronic disease.' "

The board may supervise and regulate the city's food supply when it affects public health, but the City Charter clearly outlines when such steps may be taken: According to Judge Tingling, the city must face imminent danger due to disease.

"That has not been demonstrated," he wrote.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...929974394.html
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Banned
    I would imagine that he would have re-started the stop & frisk policy to enforce it

Anywho... I called his office ... they have "no comment" and sounded kinda sad ...

I hope he gets hit with a 3 L soda bottle dropped from the Empire State Bldg ... sweet justice

As it should be...a stupid law from it's inception.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Thumbs up

So, the Emperor Bloomjerk of NYC got shot down! Looks like he doesn't own that judge.

And now they say they're going to appeal...how much taxpayer money will that cost?
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    And now they say they're going to appeal...how much taxpayer money will that cost?
    His next argument ... people can use large sodas as a weapon .. hey, they are just acid solutions ! Ah, my eye!!!!!

I need a high capacity diet coke right now.