• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Court Strikes down NYCs "assault soda" ban

EMNofSeattle

A New York Court has ruled that Bloomberg's executive board of health does not have the authority to ban or limit legal items....

n his ruling, Judge Tingling found the Board of Health's mission is to protect New Yorkers by providing regulations that prevent and protect against diseases. Those powers, he argued, don't include the authority to "limit or ban a legal item under the guise of 'controlling chronic disease.' "

The board may supervise and regulate the city's food supply when it affects public health, but the City Charter clearly outlines when such steps may be taken: According to Judge Tingling, the city must face imminent danger due to disease.

"That has not been demonstrated," he wrote.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323826704578354543929974394.html

davidmcbeth

Banned
I would imagine that he would have re-started the stop & frisk policy to enforce it :cool:

Anywho... I called his office ... they have "no comment" and sounded kinda sad ...

I hope he gets hit with a 3 L soda bottle dropped from the Empire State Bldg ... sweet justice