• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Giving Ammo Away Question

Phoenix David

If you do a search on "06" it kind of infers it, I checked a couple of places and they all pointed to the FFL 06 and 07, but with federal laws and stuff I think they make it hard to find for a reason.

AFCop

Interested/Newport News

I am interested! However, my wife would have to do the pick up (If I happen to be lucky enough to be selected) since I am in Afghanistan. Would def take whatever you have (that I would need).. Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere near the proposed requisite 11K posts.... lol

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I am interested! However, my wife would have to do the pick up (If I happen to be lucky enough to be selected) since I am in Afghanistan. Would def take whatever you have (that I would need).. Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere near the proposed requisite 11K posts.... lol

I'll let anyone who needs the ammo use my 11000 post proxy.:lol:
I never turn down free ammo except I won't ask for this.

I have enough while others here are scratching for some. That's a very generous gift Dan is giving, it needs to go to the people that need it most.

USNA69

No, darnedest thing....hot water heater....125 gallon tank, electric even, simply blew up -- everyone working restoration job said they've never seen anything like it -- blew out the sides, took out two walls, flooded lots (fortunately apparently there are lots of high spots where the water didn't yet get to when it was found). Very glad I wasn't in the building (Saturday night to Sunday morning is when it happened), but about 80% of my office has had to be water damage restored.

Tha Allstate "Mayhem" guy just did a commercial about that very thing. Hilarious, when it isn't you.
http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7IpN/allstate-mayhem-water-heater

Justine

I'm in VB and could use both 40s&w and 9mm if you have any left. No big deal if not. You're pretty awesome for being willing to donate. :lol: Good luck in your endeavor!

Glockster

I don't need any ammo, I have plenty. Here is a video from a Mythbusters exploding water heater episode that includes shock sensing stickers placed a few feet from the water heater.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/exploding-water-heater.htm

OMG! That is an unbelievable video....literally, if you didn't see it you couldn't believe that there was that much force. No wonder it took out walls and thank goodness it didn't go vertical as well or I'm guessing that the building would have been red tagged or worse!