Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: OC at work.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Bern, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1

    Question OC at work.

    Hello everyone, I am new to the forms. I'm a delivery drive for a mom and pop's pizza place in New Bern.
    We in the past have had a few drivers rob while on delivery. Both the manager and owner have agreed that we can OC while out of the story if we want to.
    Lately, I have been starting to feel that I might need to actually do this and have since bought my first gun, a Taurus 24/7 G2 45.
    My question here really is what do I need to know before I put my shoulder holster and start driving out to deliver pizzas?
    I'm nervous to just do it without looking into the subject first (even though I'm medically retired Navy, and have had extensive training on how to properly use and carry a handgun).

    * From what I've gather reading here so far I know that in NC I don't need a OC permit.
    * I should leave the gun in the passenger seat while driving.
    * Can't carry inside restaurant because we serve alcohol.
    * I can carry loaded and +1.

    Anything else that I should know?

    Since I will be leaving the gun in the car, is it a bad idea to conceal it under the seat while parked and away from the vehicle?

    Thank you to everyone in advance.

  2. #2
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,275
    Quote Originally Posted by The inFamous Mr Zero View Post
    Hello everyone, I am new to the forms. I'm a delivery drive for a mom and pop's pizza place in New Bern.
    We in the past have had a few drivers rob while on delivery. Both the manager and owner have agreed that we can OC while out of the story if we want to.
    Lately, I have been starting to feel that I might need to actually do this and have since bought my first gun, a Taurus 24/7 G2 45.
    My question here really is what do I need to know before I put my shoulder holster and start driving out to deliver pizzas?
    I'm nervous to just do it without looking into the subject first (even though I'm medically retired Navy, and have had extensive training on how to properly use and carry a handgun).

    * From what I've gather reading here so far I know that in NC I don't need a OC permit.
    * I should leave the gun in the passenger seat while driving.
    * Can't carry inside restaurant because we serve alcohol.
    * I can carry loaded and +1.

    Anything else that I should know?

    Since I will be leaving the gun in the car, is it a bad idea to conceal it under the seat while parked and away from the vehicle?

    Thank you to everyone in advance.
    You do not have to leave your gun in the passenger seat while driving. That is up to you.

    While you are out of the car there is no concealed as you do not have access to your gun, except when getting in and getting out of the car. But it is a good place for the gun to get stolen. If you are going to do that I would suggest a cable connected to the seat frame that you can lock to the trigger guard of the gun with a lock. You can do the same thing in the trunk, if you do not use a lock through the TG, have the trunk release in the cab of the car disconnected.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fayetteville NC
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    You can do the same thing in the trunk, if you do not use a lock through the TG, have the trunk release in the cab of the car disconnected.
    For clarification, this is simply an anti-theft measure, right?

  4. #4
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,275
    Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    For clarification, this is simply an anti-theft measure, right?
    Yes, it is all too easy to open the trunk on most cars by pulling a lever located somewhere in the car. Ours was alongside the seat. Not just a good idea for guns but shopping and leaving items in trunk.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •