• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at work.

Hello everyone, I am new to the forms. I'm a delivery drive for a mom and pop's pizza place in New Bern.
We in the past have had a few drivers rob while on delivery. Both the manager and owner have agreed that we can OC while out of the story if we want to.
Lately, I have been starting to feel that I might need to actually do this and have since bought my first gun, a Taurus 24/7 G2 45.
My question here really is what do I need to know before I put my shoulder holster and start driving out to deliver pizzas?
I'm nervous to just do it without looking into the subject first (even though I'm medically retired Navy, and have had extensive training on how to properly use and carry a handgun).

* From what I've gather reading here so far I know that in NC I don't need a OC permit.
* I should leave the gun in the passenger seat while driving.
* Can't carry inside restaurant because we serve alcohol.
* I can carry loaded and +1.

Anything else that I should know?

Since I will be leaving the gun in the car, is it a bad idea to conceal it under the seat while parked and away from the vehicle?

Thank you to everyone in advance.

WalkingWolf

Hello everyone, I am new to the forms. I'm a delivery drive for a mom and pop's pizza place in New Bern.
We in the past have had a few drivers rob while on delivery. Both the manager and owner have agreed that we can OC while out of the story if we want to.
Lately, I have been starting to feel that I might need to actually do this and have since bought my first gun, a Taurus 24/7 G2 45.
My question here really is what do I need to know before I put my shoulder holster and start driving out to deliver pizzas?
I'm nervous to just do it without looking into the subject first (even though I'm medically retired Navy, and have had extensive training on how to properly use and carry a handgun).

* From what I've gather reading here so far I know that in NC I don't need a OC permit.
* I should leave the gun in the passenger seat while driving.
* Can't carry inside restaurant because we serve alcohol.
* I can carry loaded and +1.

Anything else that I should know?

Since I will be leaving the gun in the car, is it a bad idea to conceal it under the seat while parked and away from the vehicle?

Thank you to everyone in advance.
You do not have to leave your gun in the passenger seat while driving. That is up to you.

While you are out of the car there is no concealed as you do not have access to your gun, except when getting in and getting out of the car. But it is a good place for the gun to get stolen. If you are going to do that I would suggest a cable connected to the seat frame that you can lock to the trigger guard of the gun with a lock. You can do the same thing in the trunk, if you do not use a lock through the TG, have the trunk release in the cab of the car disconnected.

WalkingWolf

For clarification, this is simply an anti-theft measure, right?

Yes, it is all too easy to open the trunk on most cars by pulling a lever located somewhere in the car. Ours was alongside the seat. Not just a good idea for guns but shopping and leaving items in trunk.