Thread: Stop the email blitz - it worked

Stop the email blitz - it worked

I was just on the horn to Senator Nieves, we can stop the mails, he got the message and there will be a hearing very soon. The power of the people has worked!
    Please no more emails to the Nieves offcice and GOOD WORK!
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-12-2013 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Fixed title
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Glad to see our calls and emails do some good here in Missouri.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    I was just on the horn to Senator Nieves, we can stop the mails, he got the message and there will be a hearing very soon. The power of the people has worked!
    Please no more emails to the Nieves offcice and GOOD WORK!
    For the uninformed, regarding what?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Stop the email blitz - it worked

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    For the uninformed, regarding what?
    This effort was for Missouri Senate Bill 268, which would give open carry preemption, to get a hearing in committee.

Quote Originally Posted by dogsandhogs View Post
    This effort was for Missouri Senate Bill 268, which would give open carry preemption, to get a hearing in committee.
    There will be a hearing, hang in there....
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

I am confused, easily so it seems. A e-mail blitz is good when called for, but bad after it works. Please enlighten me.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I am confused, easily so it seems. A e-mail blitz is good when called for, but bad after it works. Please enlighten me.
    If I were to ask you for something very adamantly for a day or 2, and you agreed to do it on day 3, what would you do if I kept repeatedly pestering you about it on days 4, 5, and 6?

Same thing here.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Did someone say it was "bad"? Is it not simply intended that there is no benefitial reason to continue? Maybe a few concise "thank you" notes are in order.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I would send but one e-mail to a specific legislator. However, sending a e-mail to many legislators does take time and timing is every thing it seems.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    We got the job done. The "blitz" ties up his phones and puts a bunch of emails in th ein box, got their attention! They know a lot of people want the hearing for OC premption and they agree to hold it. Time to lay off and leave the offcie alone to get beck to the business at hand. There WILL BE a hearing on OC preemption. If we keep swamping the office he might not appreciate our efforts. Agin, the emails and phone calls got their attention and will of the OC community, plus others I reached out oo got us the results we wanted.

Look to the Senate hearing site for the date and time. A few of us will go any time! It's that important and soem will miss work or scholl to help get the job done, not everyone can, that's life!

And what are the chances that he will just let this bill of his languish in committee after the hearing and die? Seems he would have shown more interest in his own bill and would have pushed it.

Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    And what are the chances that he will just let this bill of his languish in committee after the hearing and die? Seems he would have shown more interest in his own bill and would have pushed it.
    Seeing that the hearing has not been held.... Yep, there is a chance that IS the case! But there isn't a darn thing we can do about it if that's the plan.............

Whether he does it personally or not, it seems that more emails get returned by him....some are one liner acknowledgements, but a response none the less.