• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rockford Supt weapons would make schools more dangerous

FreeInAZ

Rockford superintendent explains why concealed weapons would make schools more dangerous

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rap...perintendent_explai.html#incart_river_default

I don't even have to read it. Let me guess: Teachers will kill "bad" kids, "bad kids" will beat down teacher(s) and kill them. All the same crap meant to fear monger... What this is really about is control plain and simple. The institution / authorities never want others to be self sufficient, well because what would happen to their jobs of telling the little people what to do?

FreeInAZ

Snip from story:

I was close but this guy is slicker than most anti's He's got his priorities straight as he never even mentions the "children".:shocker:

Snip
What makes concealed weapons in a school so dangerous is the possibility of a police officer responding to a report of a school shooter first encountering an armed teacher, he said.

“You have the security personnel who’s trying to deal with that situation, he or she may not even know who the shooter really is,” Shibler said. “By the time they figure it out they could be killed.”

Michigander

“You have the security personnel who’s trying to deal with that situation, he or she may not even know who the shooter really is,” Shibler said. “By the time they figure it out they could be killed.”[/I]

A faint grab at making a point, but certainly nothing that training protocol couldn't address.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Re: Rockford superintendent weapons would make schools more danger

Snip from story:

I was close but this guy is slicker than most anti's He's got his priorities straight as he never even mentions the "children".:shocker:

Snip
What makes concealed weapons in a school so dangerous is the possibility of a police officer responding to a report of a school shooter first encountering an armed teacher, he said.

“You have the security personnel who’s trying to deal with that situation, he or she may not even know who the shooter really is,” Shibler said. “By the time they figure it out they could be killed.”

Since this has happened to CPL holders countless times already, I think his fear is well founded. (Just imagine my post above is written in purple, denoting sarcasm. Tapatalk doesn't have, as far as I know, a method of changing text color)

FreeInAZ

Since this has happened to CPL holders countless times already, I think his fear is well founded. (Just imagine my post above is written in purple, denoting sarcasm. Tapatalk doesn't have, as far as I know, a method of changing text color)

Happy to help. :cool:

B

Bikenut

Please consider this as a reason there is so much resistance to teachers having guns in school...

The elitist leftists know and understand that the "Zero Tolerance" propaganda policy that is used to dominate, intimidate, and shame, kids who do or say anything... anything at all... that could be considered to have even the most remote connection to a dastardly GUN! cannot continue to be used to indoctrinate our kids to fear guns and to be trained to avoid anything and everything to do with guns while ingraining a deep aversion to guns by molding their minds to have an anti gun perspective and belief starting at pre school all the way up to graduation.....

....because....

the "Zero Tolerance" propaganda policy will not be effective if teachers, the role model kids spend 8 or more hours with everyday, start carrying guns in school.

OC4me

My family and I will be moving into the greater Rockford area this summer. Not sure just yet whether or not we'll be enrolling our daughter in the Rockford (or a neighboring) school district but now I'm very tempted to take a good look at real estate in that area.

Depending on how the CADL-case shakes out, I'd be quite happy peacefully OCing there (with CPL of course).

FreeInAZ

Nailed it again - Bikenut! DING, DING, DING! We have a winner!

Please consider this as a reason there is so much resistance to teachers having guns in school...

The elitist leftists know and understand that the "Zero Tolerance" propaganda policy that is used to dominate, intimidate, and shame, kids who do or say anything... anything at all... that could be considered to have even the most remote connection to a dastardly GUN! cannot continue to be used to indoctrinate our kids to fear guns and to be trained to avoid anything and everything to do with guns while ingraining a deep aversion to guns by molding their minds to have an anti gun perspective and belief starting at pre school all the way up to graduation.....

....because....

the "Zero Tolerance" propaganda policy will not be effective if teachers, the role model kids spend 8 or more hours with everyday, start carrying guns in school.

Quoted for the pure truth of it! Truth always shines!

EMNofSeattle

"State law enforcement, county law enforcement, local law enforcement -- every one of them have told me don't ever allow concealed weapons into the schools," Shibler said. "These are the professionals. They're the people you have to rely on, who know what the dangers are."

Really?????

Please, which officers are telling you that?

Doesn't Michigan law already allow CPL holders to open carry in a school?

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Nearly $50 ($48.33) per every man, woman & child.... it's good to be the king. :rolleyes:

290,445 (income)/39,375 (population) = 7.37638095238 (see post above)

So, instead of "Nearly $50 ($48.33) per every man, woman & child" the amount is actually $7.38 for every man, woman, and child...

(With all of the concessions other employees have made I still think he makes a large amount of money, though)

Last edited:

Evil Creamsicle

486016_437264786353708_1171267095_n.jpg

....because....

OC for ME

Really?????

Please, which officers are telling you that?

Doesn't Michigan law already allow CPL holders to open carry in a school?
A better question is "what law supports their opinion" and what statistics do they have to form their opinion.

So, instead of "Nearly $50 ($48.33) per every man, woman & child" the amount is actually $7.38 for every man, woman, and child...

(With all of the concessions other employees have made I still think he makes a large amount of money, though)
Not every M-W-C....only kids. Cuz he ain't in charge of the M-W component of the school district, he just manages their tax dollars.

FreeInAZ

Geeesh - raggs said 6000 pop. People - I took his numbers to be correct. He was speaking directly to the town population & not the "district's"... but thanks for setting us straight on district population. A salary of $290,000 is very good money for a very small district compared to many others in MI.