Thread: It would be great to hear presidential gun-control speech like this

It would be great to hear a presidential gun-control speech like this

This is a cool video I just stumbled upon on youtube and decided to post here.

It is a fake presidential speech on gun control, or more accurately on the follies thereof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5ELyG9V1SY
    Last edited by END_THE_FED; 03-12-2013 at 03:18 AM.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Founder's Club Member
    I love it!!

Moreover, I think his position/argument about why some people support gun control may have tremendous workability. Calling someone a wuss or fraidy-cat because they are afraid of guns has only a limited workability. But, his comments about wanting to control the things that can be controlled seem a gentle approach likely to get through. The whole gazelle/leopard analogy seems perfect for appealing to both the reason and emotion of many people.

I'm going to rewatch the video multiple times until I have that section down perfect. I think we all would benefit from using the actor's approach. Also, I nominate the writer for Rhetorician of the Century.

Thanks for the link, EF!
    Last edited by Citizen; 03-12-2013 at 11:02 AM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    This is thread #5--that I know of.

Including one posted just last night in which I posted that it was the fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    This is thread #5--that I know of.

Including one posted just last night in which I posted that it was the fourth.

My apologies to the forum's members for re-posting this. Thank you Eye95 for bringing it to my attention.

Before posting I did skim through the "social lounge" but did not see it there. Was it in another category or did I just over look it? In the future I will try to do a more thorough search before posting. Although, I suppose it wasn't all bad, at least one member who did not see the other posts did notice mine. Of course the same effect might have been had by simply commenting in one of the other threads.

Sorry folks, I will try to do better in the future.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Banned
    I think the last one was in Hot Topics or In the News.

Anyway, no worries. This speech is so good, it is worth the multiple posts! I just go overboard sometimes.