• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It would be great to hear presidential gun-control speech like this

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I love it!!

Moreover, I think his position/argument about why some people support gun control may have tremendous workability. Calling someone a wuss or fraidy-cat because they are afraid of guns has only a limited workability. But, his comments about wanting to control the things that can be controlled seem a gentle approach likely to get through. The whole gazelle/leopard analogy seems perfect for appealing to both the reason and emotion of many people.

I'm going to rewatch the video multiple times until I have that section down perfect. I think we all would benefit from using the actor's approach. Also, I nominate the writer for Rhetorician of the Century.

Thanks for the link, EF!

Last edited:

eye95

This is thread #5--that I know of.

Including one posted just last night in which I posted that it was the fourth.

END_THE_FED

This is thread #5--that I know of.

Including one posted just last night in which I posted that it was the fourth.

My apologies to the forum's members for re-posting this. Thank you Eye95 for bringing it to my attention.

Before posting I did skim through the "social lounge" but did not see it there. Was it in another category or did I just over look it? In the future I will try to do a more thorough search before posting. Although, I suppose it wasn't all bad, at least one member who did not see the other posts did notice mine. Of course the same effect might have been had by simply commenting in one of the other threads.

Sorry folks, I will try to do better in the future.

eye95

I think the last one was in Hot Topics or In the News.

Anyway, no worries. This speech is so good, it is worth the multiple posts! I just go overboard sometimes.