• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Katie Pavlich on the Jim Moran "Panel"

TFred

I just caught the re-run of O'Reilly on FoxNews. He covered this same film clip. At the end he broke to a quick shot of the audience, saw PVC and a HOST of other orange-stickered friends!

TFred

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
If you will excuse me, Jim Moron (yes, the spelling of his last name is deliberate) is an arrogant foreign idiot who thinks he knows what's best for everyone. You should read about HIS past. He is one of the reasons I moved out of Arlington in 1998 (there were other solid ones). Personally I can't stand the SOB and as far as I'm concerned, people get the type of representation they both want and deserve. The real sad thing about this is how it affects the rest of us.

TFred

It is clear that he wants to disarm women, so that when his son decides to beat up his next girlfriend, she won't be able to defend herself.

I don't care what your ideology is, the fact that this man has no chance to lose an election every two years is beyond disgusting.

TFred

grylnsmn

I wish I could have made it. I was getting ready to go, when the kids woke up, and I saw that my wife felt overwhelmed by the screaming toddler and infant.

Considering that she can out shoot me, and I am at least somewhat fond of not being shot, I wisely decided that I should take care of the kids and let her rest instead.

SouthernBoy

It is clear that he wants to disarm women, so that when his son decides to beat up his next girlfriend, she won't be able to defend herself.

I don't care what your ideology is, the fact that this man has no chance to lose an election every two years is beyond disgusting.

TFred

You've essentially described what lives in his district. A prime reason NOT to live there.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Good to hear that Moran met some solid resistance. Not sure if folks were actually expecting a rational discussion. This whole thing was an anti-gun media event from the beginning.

Repeater

TFred

Oh, but you can't bring that up, 'cause its a cheap shot:

A Democrat Bashing a Woman's Head in is Totally Irrelevant to the Discussion About Violence Against Women
Last night on Hannity, Democratic Strategist Mo Elleithee brushed off Moran's guilty plea as a "cheap point" that is "irrelevant to the conversation" about women, gun control and self-defense. He then proceeded to say he "didn't know" how women should defend themselves but was happy we were "having an honest conversation" about the matter. Elleithee also tried to change the subject from violence against women to "gun safety." The good stuff starts at 2:49.

TFred

You've essentially described what lives in his district. A prime reason NOT to live there.
Well, yes, I would say "the majority" of who lives there, but not all. I have many friends who live there who are almost family... have been there for over 50 years, and my family used to live there... we got out, they're stuck.

TFred

SouthernBoy

Well, yes, I would say "the majority" of who lives there, but not all. I have many friends who live there who are almost family... have been there for over 50 years, and my family used to live there... we got out, they're stuck.

TFred

Of course I meant the majority. I lived in North Arlington for 24 years. Saw a lot of change in that period (1974-98). People like us don't stand a chance politically in that county. And since they tend to rib voting counts, we are really screwed.