Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Suicide at West Coast Armory in Bellevue?

Suicide at West Coast Armory in Bellevue?

Rumor is there was a suicide at the Bellevue West Coast Armory on Sunday.

I've seen some first hand accounts of confirmation, and also some denials. Nothing in the media to date.

Suicide at West Coast Armory

I was there, along with my wife and kids unfortunately, to see the guy plant a bullet in his head. Did it right in front of the gun safety class while we took turns shooting various type guns. Pretty horrific for my kids to have seen. I assisted with checking him after most of the class exited into the next room. He was dead almost instantly. It does seem very weird that not one news story has broken out in the media about it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wm2957 View Post
    I was there, along with my wife and kids unfortunately, to see the guy plant a bullet in his head. Did it right in front of the gun safety class while we took turns shooting various type guns. Pretty horrific for my kids to have seen. I assisted with checking him after most of the class exited into the next room. He was dead almost instantly. It does seem very weird that not one news story has broken out in the media about it.
    Very strange that there is no mention of this on the web and yet your family witnessed this.

Will withhold comments until confirmed.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Nothing on news search, nothing on WCA facebook or website. I would expect something, someone try calling them and asking?
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Very strange that there is no mention of this on the web and yet your family witnessed this.

Will withhold comments until confirmed.
    With such made-for-TV news not being reported anywhere, I think we found the source of the rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    Nothing on news search, nothing on WCA facebook or website. I would expect something, someone try calling them and asking?
    On another forum a well reputed member went into WCA and got 'implied confirmation' from an employee. IIRC the quote from the employee is "How'd you hear about that?"

The thread was subsequently deleted.

I have no idea why the media is not reporting the incident, and no idea why another local gun forum would delete a thread on the subject when multiple posters offered confirmation of one form or another. It's interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    On another forum a well reputed member went into WCA and got 'implied confirmation' from an employee. IIRC the quote from the employee is "How'd you hear about that?"

The thread was subsequently deleted.

I have no idea why the media is not reporting the incident, and no idea why another local gun forum would delete a thread on the subject when multiple posters offered confirmation of one form or another. It's interesting though.
    It was also subsequently debunked by another, even more respected, member. Hence, the deletion. I would suggest that wm2957 may be a anti-gun troll.

This has either got to be the single greatest cover up in history or complete bunk.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Edmonds View Post
    It was also subsequently debunked by another, even more respected, member. Hence, the deletion. I would suggest that wm2957 may be a anti-gun troll.
    If it was 100% debunked, then the thread should have been left up.

There was at least 2 confirmations from that thread, one a quote from an employee. I never saw any post that debunked the allegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    If it was 100% debunked, then the thread should have been left up.

There was at least 2 confirmations from that thread, one a quote from an employee. I never saw any post that debunked the allegation.
    Is this employee in possession of a name?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

And yet there's coverage of a guy who shoty himself in a parking lot the day before. http://bellevue.patch.com/topics/Suicide

A quick Google search shows about a dozen hits for other suicides in and around Bellevue over the last week.

The "Police Reporter" is full of vandalism reports over the weekend http://bellevue.patch.com/topics/Bel...ment+crime+map but nothing anout a suicide anywhere in town.

wm957 may or may not be a troll, but Dave_pro2a is the one with some esplainin to do. [/Ricky Ricardo voice]

Curioser and curioser.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Use of strong "Google-fu" turns up squat.

I was in the class as well and can confirm. The husband of the family provided assistance until the paramedics arrived. I'm thankful he was able to pull the trigger himself and nobody else was hurt.

It happened after they closed on Sunday and their location is fairly isolated. I've been searching for news as well and only found this post and a few others. All I found earlier was the tweet below.

https://twitter.com/jordannilsen

I'm hesitant to confirm since I was really impressed with their staff and it seems like a great place. They are teaching the intro to handgun class as often as possible at a reduced rate to educate all the new buyers at a time of high demand.

Anti-gun troll ????

Quote Originally Posted by wa1478 View Post
    I was in the class as well and can confirm. The husband of the family provided assistance until the paramedics arrived. I'm thankful he was able to pull the trigger himself and nobody else was hurt.

It happened after they closed on Sunday and their location is fairly isolated. I've been searching for news as well and only found this post and a few others. All I found earlier was the tweet below.

https://twitter.com/jordannilsen

I'm hesitant to confirm since I was really impressed with their staff and it seems like a great place. They are teaching the intro to handgun class as often as possible at a reduced rate to educate all the new buyers at a time of high demand.
    * You know.....it really pisses me off that some people are on here saying I am an anti-gun troll ! I am a member of the NRA. A Conservative. And a 2nd Amendment supporter. How dare you people imply otherwise just because the media is suppressing this story!!! There were about 16 people in that class, including my wife and 3 kids who witnessed this guy shoot a bullett through his head. I personally assisted a firefighter who was at his side taking his pulse. There were like 15 cop cars, an ambulance, and a fire truck outside the place that night. I cannot explain why the story has been ignored, but don't you dare imply that I am making this up! My kids are traumatized over this and it is a straight up insult to me that I have to deal with that and you morons saying I am making it all up!!!

Only other mention I could google was on waguns forum. Doubts forming there also.

I seriously doubt it. Both the WA1478 and WM2957 accounts were created YESTERDAY, both with their only posts in this thread to "confirm" the incident. The admins could probably tell if both accounts were created from the same IP address.

Quote Originally Posted by wm2957 View Post
    * You know.....it really pisses me off that some people are on here saying I am an anti-gun troll ! I am a member of the NRA. A Conservative. And a 2nd Amendment supporter. How dare you people imply otherwise just because the media is suppressing this story!!! There were about 16 people in that class, including my wife and 3 kids who witnessed this guy shoot a bullett through his head. I personally assisted a firefighter who was at his side taking his pulse. There were like 15 cop cars, an ambulance, and a fire truck outside the place that night. I cannot explain why the story has been ignored, but don't you dare imply that I am making this up! My kids are traumatized over this and it is a straight up insult to me that I have to deal with that and you morons saying I am making it all up!!!
    Take it easy man - you are on the internet. Many people here are skeptical of information that doesn't seem to have sources backing them up. Expect to be rattled every now and again - you need to have a semi-thick skin when interacting with some of the people on these boards. One of the the board rules is to back something up with a source - you can say anything you want by word of mouth so we take a lot of what is said here with a grain of salt.

My guess is WCA wants to keep things on the down low and not alarm anybody. I think they know all too well a suicide in a gun shop would be eaten up like crazy by the local media. I work only a couple of miles from there, I may stop by later and see if anybody knows something more.

Quote Originally Posted by sirpuma View Post
    I seriously doubt it. Both the WA1478 and WM2957 accounts were created YESTERDAY, both with their only posts in this thread to "confirm" the incident. The admins could probably tell if both accounts were created from the same IP address.
    Maybe not yesterday, but some time this month. Why they would join during this month and have nothing to say until yesterday is not in and of itself suspicious, but applying my training and experience ....

WCA may have all sorts of reasons for not wanting the story in the news, but anybody suggsting that they have sufficient influence to keep such a story out of the news when "there were like 15 cop cars, an ambulance, and a fire truck outside the place that night" needs to PM me for some vital updates about the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

Again, I do not see anybody making an outright suggestion that these two fine upstanding posters are out and out prevaricating, but lacking any corroboration 24 hours after the fact still makes one wonder if that rose bush has been over-fertilized.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    but Dave_pro2a is the one with some esplainin to do. [/Ricky Ricardo voice]

Curioser and curioser.

stay safe.
    There's nothing to explain.

It's an interesting story. Nothing is in the media. I saw what seemed like confirmation on another forum. That forum deleted a 6+ page thread that had several reliable sources confirming that some incident took place. IF a moderator on THAT forum had proof that nothing happened, imho, they should/would have left the thread UP. Nothing raises suspicion like deleting the topic.

I was curious, as apparently you are.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Only other mention I could google was on waguns forum. Doubts forming there also.
    Link, please?

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Link, please?

stay safe.
    Let me google that for you

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=waguns+forum+%2...ory%22+suicide

And yet there's coverage of a guy who shoty himself in a parking lot the day before. http://bellevue.patch.com/topics/Suicide

A quick Google search shows about a dozen hits for other suicides in and around Bellevue over the last week.

The "Police Reporter" is full of vandalism reports over the weekend http://bellevue.patch.com/topics/Bel...ment+crime+map but nothing anout a suicide anywhere in town.

wm957 may or may not be a troll, but Dave_pro2a is the one with some esplainin to do. [/Ricky Ricardo voice]

Curioser and curioser.

stay safe.
    Uh, nope. Your links show information from 2011..... 2 years ago.

I did a search, nothing. Checked the Obits, nothing. I will see if a funeral director friend can check out any gun shot deaths as well....

If this had a 911 call then the media would be all over it. And all gun shot victims would also be picked up by the media as well!

I have suspicions to the accuracy of this information and at this point doubt it happened.
    Live Free or Die!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by acmariner99 View Post
    --snipped-- I may stop by later and see if anybody knows something more.
    The Belevue location (where alledged incident occured) opens at 11:00 am - call (425) 641-2877
    The Issaquah range opens at 10:00 am - (425) 391-4867

Should not be but so hard to get verification - considering "15 cop cars, an ambulance, and a fire truck" after closing hours on Sunday.

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:11 am http://www.waguns.org/viewtopic.php?t=20148&p=175986

I was at the Bellevue location 2 hours ago and asked. They stated "NOPE, Not here!!" They had heard the rumor too and was wondering who started it. Been a member there for years (lifetime Gold) and shoot the breeze with the guys often.

Hell, the libertard news would have been all over this especally considering this would support the concept that all guns are evil...

Do ya really think this wouldn't make the local news?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The Belevue location (where alledged incident occured) opens at 11:00 am - call (425) 641-2877
    The Issaquah range opens at 10:00 am - (425) 391-4867

Should not be but so hard to get verification - considering "15 cop cars, an ambulance, and a fire truck" after closing hours on Sunday.

Unless their employee who answers the phone has been ordered to say "no comment," or even deny the event took place when it really did. Business owners require that type of behavior on a regular basis regarding such sensitive topics imho.

Someone needs to....

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast