• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suicide at West Coast Armory in Bellevue?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
And yet there's coverage of a guy who shoty himself in a parking lot the day before. http://bellevue.patch.com/topics/Suicide

A quick Google search shows about a dozen hits for other suicides in and around Bellevue over the last week.

The "Police Reporter" is full of vandalism reports over the weekend http://bellevue.patch.com/topics/Bellevue+Police+Department+crime+map but nothing anout a suicide anywhere in town.

wm957 may or may not be a troll, but Dave_pro2a is the one with some esplainin to do. [/Ricky Ricardo voice]

Curioser and curioser.

stay safe.

Uh, nope. Your links show information from 2011..... 2 years ago.

I did a search, nothing. Checked the Obits, nothing. I will see if a funeral director friend can check out any gun shot deaths as well....

If this had a 911 call then the media would be all over it. And all gun shot victims would also be picked up by the media as well!

I have suspicions to the accuracy of this information and at this point doubt it happened.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped-- I may stop by later and see if anybody knows something more.

The Belevue location (where alledged incident occured) opens at 11:00 am - call (425) 641-2877
The Issaquah range opens at 10:00 am - (425) 391-4867

Should not be but so hard to get verification - considering "15 cop cars, an ambulance, and a fire truck" after closing hours on Sunday.

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:11 am http://www.waguns.org/viewtopic.php?t=20148&p=175986

I was at the Bellevue location 2 hours ago and asked. They stated "NOPE, Not here!!" They had heard the rumor too and was wondering who started it. Been a member there for years (lifetime Gold) and shoot the breeze with the guys often.

Hell, the libertard news would have been all over this especally considering this would support the concept that all guns are evil...

Do ya really think this wouldn't make the local news?

Dave_pro2a

The Belevue location (where alledged incident occured) opens at 11:00 am - call (425) 641-2877
The Issaquah range opens at 10:00 am - (425) 391-4867

Should not be but so hard to get verification - considering "15 cop cars, an ambulance, and a fire truck" after closing hours on Sunday.

Unless their employee who answers the phone has been ordered to say "no comment," or even deny the event took place when it really did. Business owners require that type of behavior on a regular basis regarding such sensitive topics imho.

Dave_pro2a

Someone needs to....

jesse_jones.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Unless their employee who answers the phone has been ordered to say "no comment," or even deny the event took place when it really did. Business owners require that type of behavior on a regular basis regarding such sensitive topics imho.

In my experience, people do not say "no comment" except when there is credibility - they deny/say nope, didn't happen when that is the truth.

wm2957

Uh, nope. Your links show information from 2011..... 2 years ago.

I did a search, nothing. Checked the Obits, nothing. I will see if a funeral director friend can check out any gun shot deaths as well....

If this had a 911 call then the media would be all over it. And all gun shot victims would also be picked up by the media as well!

I have suspicions to the accuracy of this information and at this point doubt it happened.

* I look forward to making you eat **** after doubting what me and WA1478 have said. Obviously, you have no idea how frustrating it is dealing with having to get counciling for your kids and with a wife being shell-shocked over what happened, then having people like you and others post stuff about it being made up. This will surface in the news eventually and when I post the story you will look really stupid for your comments. I just hope you are all man enough to admit you were wrong when the time comes !!!

acmariner99

* I look forward to making you eat **** after doubting what me and WA1478 have said. Obviously, you have no idea how frustrating it is dealing with having to get counciling for your kids and with a wife being shell-shocked over what happened, then having people like you and others post stuff about it being made up. This will surface in the news eventually and when I post the story you will look really stupid for your comments. I just hope you are all man enough to admit you were wrong when the time comes !!!

Dude, you are losing credibility really fast. I told you to take a chill pill. Gogo is one of the most respected people on these boards, I wouldn't be so quick to insult him. I will stop by WCA after work and see what's up.

Dave_pro2a

Dude, you are losing credibility really fast. I told you to take a chill pill. Gogo is one of the most respected people on these boards, I wouldn't be so quick to insult him. I will stop by WCA after work and see what's up.

On the flip side, if he actually did just witness a suicide at a gun range he's probably not in the 'best emotional space' right now. So why not cut him some slack.

And people did call him a liar.

wa1478

I'm doing my best not to respond but feel wm2957's frustration. I understand why everyone would want confirmation but it's difficult to share this experience and have others not believe it happened. It's been a difficult few days for me. I can't imagine how he feels after having his whole family including several teenagers experience this. I experienced it from 10 feet away but wm2957 actually held him in his arms and assisted.

I hope it doesn't show up in the media since when this happened at another local range a few years ago there was a second incident a week later.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Reasonable, responsible persons recognize the need for confirmation, especially from posters believing that they are anonymus. It is the internet, right?

Being prudent is hardly a fault.

Insulting or wishing someone ill will for following the Forum Rules will not find favor here.

Coldbarrelzero

Ok I have been sitting quietly reading this thread ... And frankly laughing a bit at the people accusing my father WM of being an anti gun troll. I am his 21 year old son and I was there to witness it. His whole intention of going to the class was to expose his family to guns mainly my sisters, as I am pretty familiar with them already. I am going to say this once, and only once I am not here to argue only to tell the truth. A man in his late 40's possibly early 50's DID COMMIT SUICIDE in front if the entire weapons safety course. I don't blame west coast armory for it, nor am I agitated at the fact the news hasn't reported it, but whoever denies it and claims it didn't happen needs to stop.

SeattleWingsfan

Well I just called and the guy that answered the phone said he had not heard anything about it. They just opened three minutes ago and he had been told nothing about it. He also asked where I had heard the rumors and I gave him the site and told him that a thread had been taken down on another forum. He said he is going to check out the forum.

I think at this moment, I find it hard to believe that any employee at a small business would not know of something so major happening at their work.

Last edited:

Coldbarrelzero

I'm doing my best not to respond but feel wm2957's frustration. I understand why everyone would want confirmation but it's difficult to share this experience and have others not believe it happened. It's been a difficult few days for me. I can't imagine how he feels after having his whole family including several teenagers experience this. I experienced it from 10 feet away but wm2957 actually held him in his arms and assisted.

I hope it doesn't show up in the media since when this happened at another local range a few years ago there was a second incident a week later.

Thanks for backing my dad up. I will keep you and everyone else who was there in my prayers. It looks as though the only people will truly believe it happened are the people including you, and I who saw it happen.

mikeyb

Thanks for backing my dad up. I will keep you and everyone else who was there in my prayers. It looks as though the only people will truly believe it happened are the people including you, and I who saw it happen.

thank you for signing up today with the sole intention of supporting two other members that have signed up yesterday to give credence to an event that happened on Monday, yet is devoid of any mention in any news outlet or social media, save for one twitter account.

oh, that's totally sarcasm, btw.

Dave_pro2a

Well I just called and the guy that answered the phone said he had not heard anything about it. They just opened three minutes ago and he had been told nothing about it. He also asked where I had heard the rumors and I gave him the site and told him that a thread had been taken down on another forum. He said he is going to check out the forum.

I think at this moment, I find it hard to believe that any employee at a small business would not know of something so major happening at their work.

One might have more luck talking to the Bellevue PD. An employee of WCA would be very unlikely to be forthcoming with information.

Do you think a current Wade's employee would comment on the lead issue? Or would the owner have told them not to? A suicide is not much different, especially since lawsuits are possible.

SeattleWingsfan

Don't put too much effort into it. If you know it happened, work on helping your family deal with it. There is no point in arguing. Too many people on this forum know the owners, shop there, deal with them on a daily basis.

The TRUTH with come out either way. My simple call seems to verify that it did not happen. However, I am still giving the benifit of the doubt, no matter how strange it seems that an employee wouldn't know whats going on with something so major. I didn't get a NO it didn't happen I got a very surprised, not to my knowledge anything like that has happened.