• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 129 Going to Pass?

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Here is the current statuts of SB 129, which has already passed in the Senate:

Feb 11-introduced in Senate
Feb 13-to Veterans, Military Affairs, & Public Protection (S)
Feb 20-taken from Veterans, Military Affairs, & Public Protection (S); 1st reading; returned to Veterans, Military Affairs, & Public Protection (S)
Feb 21-reported favorably, 2nd reading, to Rules
Feb 25-posted for passage in the Regular Orders of the Day for Monday, February 25, 2013; 3rd reading, passed 34-3 Feb 26-received in House
Feb 27-to Judiciary (H)
Mar 7-discharge petition filed; posted in committee

A discharge petition has been filed to get this bill on the House floor for a vote, but nothing as of yet. Perhaps Gutshot has a little insight into what is happening with this bill? We really need to urge our representatives to get this bill on the floor for a vote! This legislation is extremely important, and we actually have a chance for this bill to pass! Our senators have already had our back, not it is time for our representatives to do the same!

Please email your representatives and ask them to demand that this legislation be brought to the floor for a vote! We are running out of time to get this MUCH needed legislation signed into law! If we can get a floor vote I know we would have veto proof margins, so the Governor's signature wouldn't matter either way.

Email, email, email...

KYGlockster

Activist Member
That's crazy, I didn't realize we had already been in session for 28 days. I thought there was a way where the House could force the bill onto the floor for a vote? I know this is something that rarely happens, but am I correct in thinking there is such an action? I'm not real familiar with the inner workings of the GA.

Normally the GA works together on both sides of the aisle when it comes to our gun rights, but maybe that is becoming a thing of the past. We only had one bill passed, and it was basically useless. Sure, it helped people that have just moved into this state get a CDWL, but other than that not much help at all.

I realize that this was a short session, but our gun rights are under an extreme assault by Washington, and I EXPECTED more from our State representatives. Gun rights have been leading the way in many pro-gun states, but sadly, this was not the case in Kentucky this year -- a very important year to protect this right. I am extremely dissapointed in the overall outcome this year; they normally have our back when Washington decides to jump on and ride!

I understand they were busy, but the people of Kentucky are very concerned about Washington's unconstitutional madness, and we were not given a helping hand by OUR representatives.