• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AG office wants CPL info to go public?

EMNofSeattle

When I filled out the one in 2010 I simply wrote that 2 people lived that this address.

I never got fined. Never even got a visit from one of their idiot agents.

So I don't understand your statement.

The problem is that you confuse lack of will to enforce with legality or an admission they don't have the authority. That not the case, if they choose to come after you the fine they can impose up to 5000 dollars, and people have had the bureau fine them before. Refusing to answer census questions is a violation 13 USC 221 and an infraction punishable under 18 USC 3571 this has been upheld by the 5 th circuit and the Supreme Court in the 1870s stated that the census bureau has the authority to collect. You've advocated an illegal act and are telling other people to do it.

bmg50cal

76d31508_c851d40e_Derail_1.jpeg

Jeff Hayes

When I filled out the one in 2010 I simply wrote that 2 people lived that this address.

I never got fined. Never even got a visit from one of their idiot agents.

So I don't understand your statement.

Me too I do exactly what you do.

I was referring to your attempting to educate ENM, the comment was not directed at you but rather ENM

BTW I do not doubt you did exactly what you said you did.

Gogo is correct here lets get this thread back on topic.

Last edited:

Flopsweat

Where's Tom Petty when you need him?

Runaway train never goin' back
Wrong way on a one way track
Seems like I should be getting somewhere
Somehow I'm neither here nor there

Freedom1Man

CLPs along with most other non professional licenses should never have the address of the holder given out to anyone in the General public.

The number of holders is fine. Even the number of CPLs issued per county is fine. Names, addresses, and/or any other personal information should never be disclosed.

theaero

Everyone loses, including antis.

This allows people to know who has a gun, and who doesnt. If I were a criminal, I would more likely go after someone not armed.

CC deters crime in general because theres the "random" element of not knowing whether your victim is armed or not.

squeezeplae

What concerns me most is the fact of what was done in New York. Not only does this give the criminal element a map of who has a gun in their home and who does not. It also gives a road map to those criminal elements who are looking for a gun, thus letting them know where a gun might be found. Thus diminishing the affects of the very bills the legislature has attempted to pass.

I am still looking for a ride to attend this meeting, I live in the south seattle area willing to help with fuel costs.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

What concerns me most is the fact of what was done in New York. Not only does this give the criminal element a map of who has a gun in their home and who does not. It also gives a road map to those criminal elements who are looking for a gun, thus letting them know where a gun might be found. Thus diminishing the affects of the very bills the legislature has attempted to pass.

I am still looking for a ride to attend this meeting, I live in the south seattle area willing to help with fuel costs.

hmmmmm I live on the Penninsula, if I were going to the meeting I'd usually be willing to help someone out... but that might take some contortions....

Oh and I'd feel more comfortable if someone I already know would be willing to rideshare with me as well.....

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

ow about a new twist on this?
Talk to every LEO you can and ask them "Would you confiscate guns from LAC if ordered to?" Then we can post our own list of the LEO, by name, who are the ones to watch out for.

squeezeplae

Does anybody have the physical address to this building so I can mapquest for directions.I do not know Olympia at all and would get lost.

hermannr

Actually it is. While declared "private", vehicle registration information is available under very broad "exceptions". DOL even has a form on their web site for requesting the information.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/forms/224003.pdf

We are not talking about the automobile registration...I am talking about the personal information on your DRIVERS license...Your Drivers license is the automobile equivilent to your CPL and pistols...No?

Releasing specific GUN information (if we have a gun registration) would be the equivilent of an automobile license plate.

Freedom1Man

We are not talking about the automobile registration...I am talking about the personal information on your DRIVER[strike]S[/strike] license...Your Driver[strike]s[/strike] license is the automobile equivalent to your CPL and pistols...No?

Releasing specific GUN information (if we have a gun registration) would be the equivalent of an automobile license plate.

In Washington State it is a DRIVER LICENSE and if it was not a DRIVER LICENSE then it would be a DRIVER'S LICENSE.

It does change the meaning and use of the words. One belongs to you and the other to your driver.

Give me your chicken's feathers. Give me your chicken feathers. Similar but, they have different meaning.

Last edited:

Difdi

Good Lord what have I done. Make it stop! It was just an example, people. If you want the Census thread, that's on some other board. This is the CPL thread.

You ought to know by now that OCDO might be an armed society, but it's not a polite society, and the denizens here will seize on the most irrelevant things like a school of piranha skeletonize a cow. And quite a few will keep gnawing years after all the meat is gone, just in case.

Don't make comments unless you are prepared to discuss them.

Flopsweat

You ought to know by now that OCDO might be an armed society, but it's not a polite society, and the denizens here will seize on the most irrelevant things like a school of piranha skeletonize a cow. And quite a few will keep gnawing years after all the meat is gone, just in case.

Don't make comments unless you are prepared to discuss them.

Should we shorten it to OCD?

squeezeplae

Thanks for the address and the info all. Hope to see you down there. Anyone know of a good coffee shop OC friendly in the area I'll probably arrive early and will need a cup to get me going.