• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ruger

travisrugerfan

Any one have a sr40 or sr40c or sr45 lol. I have a sr9c and love it carry it almost every day. I would like your guys opinions on rugers or what you guys carry.

ncwabbit

i have extensively shot the SR9c and eh...cleaning was kinda a pain to get the firearm apart, however once you know the trick it got easier quickly.

Playing w/the SR22 purple firearm...kinda fun to shoot but still small in my huge paw...

wabbit

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I have a SR9 in OD green, and I absolutely love it. 17+1 is hard to beat. Kinda wish I waited for the .45 version.

Doughnutman

Any one have a sr40 or sr40c or sr45 lol. I have a sr9c and love it carry it almost every day. I would like your guys opinions on rugers or what you guys carry.

I carry an LCP sometimes, love that little pistol. Ruger is a pretty great manufacturer if you ask me.

MaxPower

The first handgun I owned was a Ruger P89 back in the early '90s. It was a heavy gun and had a really heavy DA trigger, but it was great in SA. The gun itself was reliable and I don't recall a single malfunction with it. I had to sell this gun due to unfortunate life circumstances, but it made me a big fan of Ruger.

Now I carry a SR9C that I bought in January and love it. My wife is probably going to get one soon so we'll have his and hers, and we can share mags, holsters, etc.

moonie

My middle son has a SR40c and loves it. It's light and easy to conceal which he does some, other times he OC's it. He has not had much opportunity to shoot it since he purchased it however.

McLintock

I got a SR40 back in Dec. put about 400 rounds down the pipe. Love it, have had no problems with it at all. Waiting to get my SR1911 Friday, might be a new carry gun but I'll have to put many rounds in it to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sraacke

My daily carry gun is a P89DC which I bought at a gun store outside of Ft Hood Texas after returing from Desert Storm. I've lost count of the thousands of rounds which have been fired from this pistol. I have never experianced a weapon related malfunction. It is overbuilt and is like a tank but is darn near as reliable as you can ever hope to find.
While I love my Ruger P89 and never plan on selling it I have been considering the purchase of a SR9C. The SR9 would be my first striker fired pistol and I know that Ruger has worked out the kinks on this model so that it is a workhorse like the P89 I have come to trust.

infowarrior82

I also carry an SR9C. Great gun for concealed carry and I love it with my super tuck deluxe. I would highly recommend it.

Last edited:

Gr8gunz

The wife carries a sr.40S&W and loves it. It is reliable and shoots well. The only gripe she has is cleaning it. It is difficult for her to remove the retaining post so that the slide will come off. I agree with her it is far too difficult. We have a Ruger .22 which is even worse. Ruger needs to improve that.

SFCRetired

Still have and occasionally carry (primary is SA Champion .45 ACP) a Ruger P89DC I acquired back in the early nineties. Yeah, in DA, it has a long, crappy trigger pull. The SA more than makes up for that. With all the rounds put through that pistol by me and others, there has been only one failure to eject and that was caused by the shooter (not me that time!!) limp wristing. New shooter, but gaining in experience.