• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ammo Give-Away

Glockster

**Please read this entire post before replying or sending PM. Thanks!**

Since the other thread was just to ask about any forum restrictions regarding posting about giving ammo away, and as I've had a LOT of folks asking about it, I thought that it would be fairest to start a new thread to tell everyone what I have and how I'd like to give this away (based on clearing this through our resident legal expert and some good advice from long standing forum contributors). I kindly ask you to please read this through before jumping on posting your own request or sending a PM.

As I said in the previous thread, I am giving it away as I no longer have a need for any of these types of ammo. But what I'd really like to do is to give something to our OC community here and to possibly make some small impact upon those who really need the help the most.

In my mind the priorities for giving this away should be first for those who are working with our next generation of OC'ers -- the kids. So I'm hoping to hear from anyone who supports a program to provide gun education programs for kids. I think that the second priority should be for those in financial need, and for those with health issues (which probably also means that they may well have financial issues as well).

Here's where I'd like help from you -- our OC community: If you know of someone that fits the above priorities, let them know about this thread or perhaps even "speak for them" (I suspect that those that need the help the most may not speak for themselves, so both you and I can help them by you speaking for them). If you yourself don't fall into the above categories, I KINDLY ask that you then hold off on any of your own requests for ammo -- after I've heard from anyone fitting the above, I'll open up the remainder for first come kind of thing. But you can also help this OC community by not asking for ammo if you truly aren't in need as I'd like to help those who truly cannot afford to keep ammo in their defensive weapon or who can't spare the rounds needed to try to keep their defensive skills up. I believe that we have members that really have that need and I think that both you and I can help them with this. Fair?

Regarding how to get the ammo, all I ask is that you be able to make arrangements to come pick it up from me at my office in Virginia Beach (here during the day, or can arrange it on a weekend). Or perhaps we could work some sort of an "ammo railway" that could start with someone picking it up here and who is then able to move it on its way to the final recipient? (We've got some clever members here and think that we should be able to come up with a creative idea or two.)

Okay, here's what I have:

1. 7.62x39mm 124 gr HP WPA (Wolf Performance Ammunition -- Russian) -- quantity of 50 boxes of 20 rds per box, total of 1000 rds (this is AK-47 ammo)
  2. 9mm 124 gr Federal Premium Hydra-shok -- 1 box of 50 rds
  3. 9mm 115 gr Georgia Arms FMJ -- 5 bags total with 100 rds in each (sealed, as GA sells it) total of 500 rds (as these are sealed bags of 100 rds, can certainly split these up amongst more than one person)
  4. 9mm 124 gr Georgia Arms Gold Dot Hollow Point -- 1 bag of 50 rds (sealed, as GA sells it)
  5. 10mm 200 gr CorBon -- 1 box of 20 rds
  6. 10mm 180 gr FMJ -- source was either Georgia Arms or Cheaper Than Dirt (I don't recall which) -- 1 box of 500 rds (this is the sealed box of bulk ammo as it came and so it needs to go as one box)

I bought all of the above as new (no reloads) and have had it for perhaps six months.

If you've made it to here I thank you for taking a moment to read this entire post, and I look forward to hearing from folks.

Last edited:

Glockster

Ammo Giveaway - First Come, First Gets It!

Okay, here's what I have left available as first come, first gets it:

(Note, am editing this as it's spoken for so what is below should be the current stuff - 9mm and 7.62x39 are all gone, so just the 10mm remaining.)

1. 10mm 200 gr CorBon -- 1 box of 20 rds
  2. 10mm 180 gr FMJ -- source was either Georgia Arms or Cheaper Than Dirt (I don't recall which) -- 1 box of 500 rds (this is the sealed box of bulk ammo as it came and so it needs to go as one box) -- $200+ worth of ammo

To get your ammo, all I ask is that you be able to make arrangements to come pick it up from me at my office in Virginia Beach (here during the day this week through Friday, then gone for a week), or from April 1st on and during the week.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Check out his postings .... seen same posting before

Actually, I've followed them very closely David.
He originally posted that he had ammo to give away and was bombarded by people that wanted it. That's understandable.

It was impossible to give ammo to everyone that wanted it so he came up with a very good way of getting it to the people that really needed it first. The #1 priority was to distribute it to people that intended to instruct kids.

That's not only understandable...but admirable.

The second priority was to people with severe financial and or health issues.

Again Admirable!
He's done all that. This is what's left.

All he asks is you come by and pick it up. He isn't meals on wheels.

So far all I've seen him do is give away a hell of a lot of expensive ammunition and not ask anything in return.

Now did everyone that asked for it get it. No! It was given away as described above.
I'd have loved to get some of it but decided that OTHERS NEEDED IT MORE and didn't ask.

The guy deserves someone to buy him a steak dinner, not be chastised because he followed the plan.

AFCop

Actually, I've followed them very closely David.
He originally posted that he had ammo to give away and was bombarded by people that wanted it. That's understandable.

It was impossible to give ammo to everyone that wanted it so he came up with a very good way of getting it to the people that really needed it first. The #1 priority was to distribute it to people that intended to instruct kids.

That's not only understandable...but admirable.

The second priority was to people with severe financial and or health issues.

Again Admirable!
He's done all that. This is what's left.

All he asks is you come by and pick it up. He isn't meals on wheels.

So far all I've seen him do is give away a hell of a lot of expensive ammunition and not ask anything in return.

Now did everyone that asked for it get it. No! It was given away as described above.
I'd have loved to get some of it but decided that OTHERS NEEDED IT MORE and didn't ask.

The guy deserves someone to buy him a steak dinner, not be chastised because he followed the plan.

+1,000,000

I originally posted on his previous thread that I would be interested BUT i recognized what he was doing and since I could not fit in the description, due to being in Afghanistan right now, (as much as I wanted the 9mm) I sat back and said nothing. I too deferred to those who further our cause through education (now) and those who really NEEDED it.

I second Peter Naps steak dinner comment and in fact, when I return I want to extend just that offer to drdan01, on a day when my family ventures down to the VB area to have an OC meet and pay for his steak dinner. Plan on sometime around the middle to end of May.

Last edited:

Glockster

Check out his postings .... seen same posting before

Actually what you saw was the other thread which simply asked to confirm that it was okay by forum rules to post about giving away ammo. It wasn't my intent to use that thread to initiate an ammo give-away, just to confirm that I could. What happened was lots (lots, and I mean a lot) of folks sent me PMs and some posted in that thread, and as Peter said above, so many asked about it that I wanted to come up with a way to give to those who needed it the most and a way that would be fair. That's why I started this second thread, to lay out how I thought that I could best do that and to also ask for help from our community in identifying those who might need the help but who wouldn't ask for it for themselves. For the most part that worked very well although I did get some PMs from folks who simply suggested that I just give it all to them for whatever reason. But the vast majority of our OC community here stepped up by giving those in need the first opportunity to ask for it, and that's what is really neat about this.

So you haven't seen the same posting before as the other thread was for a completely different purpose. And as Peter also said, I have in fact already given most of it away and that's why I've been updating my above post to reflect what's left (so far I've passed along 1,600 rds of ammo to folks who needed it) and now only have the 10mm left.

I appreciate the support from those who took the time to help me figure out the best way to do this, the way that would benefit the most folks. And I also very appreciate what Peter Nap and AFcop have posted. I do think that others here have done a whole lot more over the years, this is just my attempt in some small way to also do my part to give back to our community.

Blk97F150

^^^THIS!

A VERY kind gesture indeed!

Glockster

10mm Still Available - Both Range & Defensive Rds

Here's what I have left available as first come, first gets it:

2. 10mm 180 gr FMJ -- source was either Georgia Arms or Cheaper Than Dirt (I don't recall which) -- 1 box of 500 rds (this is the sealed box of bulk ammo as it came and so it needs to go as one box) -- $200+ worth of ammo

To get your ammo, all I ask is that you be able to make arrangements to come pick it up from me at my office in Virginia Beach (here during the day this week through Friday, then gone for a week), or from April 1st on and during the week.

ocholsteroc

Here's what I have left available as first come, first gets it:

I will take the 10mm, pm sent.

Glockster

All Gone!

That was kind of fun as I got to meet some interesting folks along the way, and hopefully helped them out.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
b013medala.jpg