Thread: Marine with concealed carry permit stops man from beating woman

Centurion

Marine with concealed carry permit stops man from beating woman

WEST ALLIS (WITI) — A Marine Corps veteran was able to stop a man early Tuesday, March 12th from nearly kicking a woman to death. It happened near 102nd and Lincoln, and Wisconsin’s concealed carry law made his efforts possible.

Charlie Blackmore was driving home from work at 4:00 a.m. along Lincoln Avenue when he saw something on the sidewalk. Blackmore didn’t realize it was a woman on the ground being kicked in the head and stomach until he got closer.

That’s when he jumped out of his car and sprung into action.

“I said ‘stop’ and he starts coming towards me and that`s when I drew on him. He started getting closer and I said ‘get down on the ground,’” Blackmore said.

http://fox6now.com/2013/03/12/marine...beating-woman/
    Last edited by ccwinstructor; 03-13-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Defense of a third party can be very tricky situation. I am glad it worked out well for the Marine.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

I am happier it worked out for the woman. Knowing the ineffectiveness of restraining orders and the propensity for the courts to just release women and child beaters back on the street I hope she is getting herself a gun a trainer and filling out the paperwork for her CCW. In the meantime she can carry openly and I hope she does so.
    Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Defense of a third party can be very tricky situation. I am glad it worked out well for the Marine.
    True it is tricky. Glad it is in the law. If he had called the police and just waited, the woman could have been dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Grump View Post
    I am happier it worked out for the woman. Knowing the ineffectiveness of restraining orders and the propensity for the courts to just release women and child beaters back on the street I hope she is getting herself a gun a trainer and filling out the paperwork for her CCW. In the meantime she can carry openly and I hope she does so.
    Wouldn't surprize me if she was back with him a week or less. I seen it happen many times.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Wouldn't surprize me if she was back with him a week or less. I seen it happen many times.
    You got that right................

Siefly

I have too and some of them end up dead but those who successfully break away and try to make a normal life for themselves still end up being terrorized by these animals. While they wait for a permit to come through which they may or may not get the criminal has carte blanche to continue abusing his unarmed victim. Therefore I say get a gun as soon as humanly possible, then training right away. I spent to much time on a crisis line listening to people like this and those who try and succeed to normalize their lives are the rare exception. Those who do well have support systems that work in their favor but those trying to do it on their own often fail.
    Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

Founder's Club Member
    Notice the sly attempt at dissuading people from defending themselves: it was a Marine veteran. Oooooo. Only veterans or former cops or off-duty security guards are worthy or capable of using a firearm responsibly to defend self and others.

The fact he was a Marine veteran had no bearing on the story. The first line could just as easily have read: "West Hampton man defends woman against..." Unless he was carrying his military rifle, or used his service pistol or something, his military connection has nothing to do with it.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Notice the sly attempt at dissuading people from defending themselves: it was a Marine veteran. Oooooo. Only veterans or former cops or off-duty security guards are worthy or capable of using a firearm responsibly to defend self and others.

The fact he was a Marine veteran had no bearing on the story. The first line could just as easily have read: "West Hampton man defends woman against..." Unless he was carrying his military rifle, or used his service pistol or something, his military connection has nothing to do with it.
    The first line should have read: "Legally armed citizen defends woman against..."

Yes, I am following you Citizen around, seeking enlightenment, you and Marshaul.

I saw a TV news story about this today, & for whatever reason they decided to interview the head of the anti-gun group.
    She said, and I quote 'cause it was so funny I wrote it down:
    We hope people view this with some degree of caution and don't make any generalizations from one incident.
    Have to remember that one next time she & her blood-dancing ghouls generalize from one incident.
    (Oh, say, one drunken city councilman who is not only dumb enough to carry a gun while drunk, but admit it to police... who IIRC just told him to put it in his car. Anyone else would have their gun confiscated & be arrested.)
    Besides, it's not one incident. Even just looking at lawfully-armed citizens' self-defense actions in WI, there have been several in the news (which means many many more that didn't get public attention).
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.