• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Marine with concealed carry permit stops man from beating woman

ccwinstructor

Centurion
WEST ALLIS (WITI) — A Marine Corps veteran was able to stop a man early Tuesday, March 12th from nearly kicking a woman to death. It happened near 102nd and Lincoln, and Wisconsin’s concealed carry law made his efforts possible.

Charlie Blackmore was driving home from work at 4:00 a.m. along Lincoln Avenue when he saw something on the sidewalk. Blackmore didn’t realize it was a woman on the ground being kicked in the head and stomach until he got closer.

That’s when he jumped out of his car and sprung into action.

“I said ‘stop’ and he starts coming towards me and that`s when I drew on him. He started getting closer and I said ‘get down on the ground,’” Blackmore said.

http://fox6now.com/2013/03/12/marine-with-concealed-carry-permit-stops-man-from-beating-woman/

Last edited:

Old Grump

I am happier it worked out for the woman. Knowing the ineffectiveness of restraining orders and the propensity for the courts to just release women and child beaters back on the street I hope she is getting herself a gun a trainer and filling out the paperwork for her CCW. In the meantime she can carry openly and I hope she does so.

Firearms Iinstuctor

I am happier it worked out for the woman. Knowing the ineffectiveness of restraining orders and the propensity for the courts to just release women and child beaters back on the street I hope she is getting herself a gun a trainer and filling out the paperwork for her CCW. In the meantime she can carry openly and I hope she does so.

Wouldn't surprize me if she was back with him a week or less. I seen it happen many times.

Old Grump

Wouldn't surprize me if she was back with him a week or less. I seen it happen many times.

I have too and some of them end up dead but those who successfully break away and try to make a normal life for themselves still end up being terrorized by these animals. While they wait for a permit to come through which they may or may not get the criminal has carte blanche to continue abusing his unarmed victim. Therefore I say get a gun as soon as humanly possible, then training right away. I spent to much time on a crisis line listening to people like this and those who try and succeed to normalize their lives are the rare exception. Those who do well have support systems that work in their favor but those trying to do it on their own often fail.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Notice the sly attempt at dissuading people from defending themselves: it was a Marine veteran. Oooooo. Only veterans or former cops or off-duty security guards are worthy or capable of using a firearm responsibly to defend self and others.

The fact he was a Marine veteran had no bearing on the story. The first line could just as easily have read: "West Hampton man defends woman against..." Unless he was carrying his military rifle, or used his service pistol or something, his military connection has nothing to do with it.

MKEgal

I saw a TV news story about this today, & for whatever reason they decided to interview the head :cuss: of the anti-gun group.
She said, and I quote 'cause it was so funny I wrote it down:
We hope people view this with some degree of caution and don't make any generalizations from one incident.
Have to remember that one next time she & her blood-dancing ghouls generalize from one incident.
(Oh, say, one drunken city councilman who is not only dumb enough to carry a gun while drunk, but admit it to police... who IIRC just told him to put it in his car. Anyone else would have their gun confiscated & be arrested.)
Besides, it's not one incident. Even just looking at lawfully-armed citizens' self-defense actions in WI, there have been several in the news (which means many many more that didn't get public attention).