• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Found som 9mm ammo....

Saltycupcake

I just picked up my Bersa BP9cc yesterday and I've been on a quest for ammo to take to the range. Its been almost impossible to find anywhere! However, I came across some Fiocchi 115gr FMJ ammo and ordered 3 50 round boxes. My question is, is this ok for my particular firearm? I probably should have asked before I ordered, but I am a newbie!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I don't have the BP9CC, but I have most of the Bersas, and haven't found one yet that's picky what ammo you put through it.

Saltycupcake

I don't have the BP9CC, but I have most of the Bersas, and haven't found one yet that's picky what ammo you put through it.

Really? That's good to know. Obviously you like the Bersa if you have most of the models. Have you had any issues with them? Anything I should know?

WalkingWolf

Fiocchi is good ammo, and you can't go wrong with FMJ, it should feed in almost every gun. Ammo should be freeing up soon, but you should be able to find ammo online. I buy from MidwayUSA, and Sportsmansguide, it usually takes less than a week to get ammo. I also handload though so I don't have to order very much.

Saltycupcake

Fiocchi is good ammo, and you can't go wrong with FMJ, it should feed in almost every gun. Ammo should be freeing up soon, but you should be able to find ammo online. I buy from MidwayUSA, and Sportsmansguide, it usually takes less than a week to get ammo. I also handload though so I don't have to order very much.

Good to know. I checked a bunch of sites I saw on here and all but one were completely sold out. I grabbed 3 boxes, wish I could have gotten more!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Really? That's good to know. Obviously you like the Bersa if you have most of the models. Have you had any issues with them? Anything I should know?

The only issue I've had is repeated failure-to-fire on the Thunder 380 double-stack. Posted it on bersatalk.com several years ago; it was a known issue and the importer offered to repair it if I returned it; I just haven't gotten around to it.

I love my Bersas. You're right, I have everything EXCEPT the BP9CC (I think it's beyond ugly). My daughter carries the Thunder380cc as her primary concealed gun; I carry the Thunder 9 as my primary OC gun.

The ONLY issue (save that one gun) I've had is that magazines are expensive, and I've been told they don't like aftermarket mags. I haven't tried them in most of my guns. Since the 9 is the only one I carry regularly, I don't have a LOT of extras for any of them.

Saltycupcake

The only issue I've had is repeated failure-to-fire on the Thunder 380 double-stack. Posted it on bersatalk.com several years ago; it was a known issue and the importer offered to repair it if I returned it; I just haven't gotten around to it.

I like the fact that there is a lifetime warranty on them for the original owner. Unless this thing turns out to be complete garbage (which i can't see happening and I've read great reviews) I plan on keeping it for a very long time.

I love my Bersas. You're right, I have everything EXCEPT the BP9CC (I think it's beyond ugly). My daughter carries the Thunder380cc as her primary concealed gun; I carry the Thunder 9 as my primary OC gun.

Honestly? I didn't choose it for its looks. But I wouldn't say its ugly. I do like the fact that you can change the grips on the .380.

The ONLY issue (save that one gun) I've had is that magazines are expensive, and I've been told they don't like aftermarket mags. I haven't tried them in most of my guns. Since the 9 is the only one I carry regularly, I don't have a LOT of extras for any of them.

I thought I saw some on Bersa's website for $19. I wasn't really looking to see which model they were for though.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
No worries.

Hope you like the Bersa. For me, anything with a squared-off slide (including Glock, Springfield, H&K, and countless others) are ugly, and that is what has kept me from adding that one to my collection. Since I don't ever expect the Bersas to be "collectors' items" it doesn't really matter if I don't have a complete set. I like the way they shoot -at least the 9 and the 380. I use the Thunder380 as a conceal-carry gun, and I've only fired about one magazine through the 45. I really need to shoot that more sooner rather than later - as soon as ammo prices come back down.

Saltycupcake

:D

We are planning on going to the range tomorrow morning. My husband just got the Thunder .40 tonight, so we are both looking forward to seeing how they do. I really like the fact that the .40 has an external safety and really wish mine had the same. I expected the .40 to be a lot bigger hand heavier than mine as well, but was pleasantly surprised to find that there isnt that much difference. I plan to use mine as OC for now until I get my CHP. I found some 9mm ammo at www.ammotogo.com and should have bought more than the 3 boxes I got, because a few hours later they were sold out. I thought the prices were pretty decent.