• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A 'Republican' DA wants Gun Control In Wisconsin

Law abider

This current DA from StCroix county a RINO in my opinion has come out with his 'guns' blazing on the fact that we need more gun control and that cops and the military are a special class of people who need no strings attached to their second amendment rights. I will respond after I check out his 'facts'. Any help on stats would be appreciated.

http://www.piercecountyherald.com/event/article/id/51928/

NoTolerance

He's using the same, tired, cherry-picked, flawed stats that all the anti's love to use.

For example, he's comparing firearm rates against countries that heavily regulate firearms instead of comparing actual homicide rates.

He implies people committed suicide *because* there was a gun in the home, as if that were a contributing factor. It's like saying, "People with Oreos in the home are more likely to eat cookies."

Last edited:

pkbites

I'll bet there is another, politically ambitious, lawyer in that area that was dancing a happy jig upon reading it. St. Croix county is a conservative area. That D.A. just signed his own death warrant as far as reelection goes.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon

Old Grump

One more reason not to vote blindly for a candidate just because he is a Republicans just because most Republicans give lip service to the constitution generally and the 2nd amendment in particular. There are two parties out there who insist that the laws passed and enforced by this countries elected officials and law enforcement authorities should be constitutional, nope, it ain't Democrats or Republicans. Keep voting the party line and we will keep getting liberals pretending to be conservatives.