Thread: A New Jersey woman arrested and has her firearms confiscated for reading constitution

A New Jersey woman arrested and has her firearms confiscated for reading constitution

Guys Look at this Crap...

http://www.examiner.com/article/n-j-...-dispute-forum

Freeflight
    And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson in a letter to William S. Smith in 1787. Taken from Jefferson, On Democracy 20, S. Padover ed., 1939

Free Flight

Yeah, she was protesting taxes and attempted violations of the 4th Amendment protected rights.

To punish her for not submitting they jacked up her property taxes and stole her firearms.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Banned
    Folks, get and use a recorder!

Banned
    The complaint (in part) states: The State of New Jersey vs. Eileen B. Hart -"The Defendant was yelling and screaming and making the threatening comment. "If the door is locked. I'll be back with a gun."

Did anyone READ the article? Sounds like she wanted to go back the the hearing room , hey, its an open hearing honey ... they close it off and you have a procedure for relief

Not even I say "I'll be back with a gun" .... you do not have to let someone in your house ... they'll just do the assessment the best they can ...

I can tell by looking at the pic .... she's guilty ...

Banned
    Yeah. I don't know if this lady's assessment of what happened to her is correct or not. With the available evidence, it is impossible to say whether she uttered the threats or not. I place no credence in the article, as the author is obviously biased in her favor. Clearly, those who accuse her are no freer of bias. Anyone with a recording of the event could clear the matter up completely.

This does demonstrate another benefit of carrying a recorder. If you know that you are being recorded, because you are doing the recording, then you will more consciously check your behavior. An armed society may be a polite society, but a recorder raises the bar even higher.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post

This does demonstrate another benefit of carrying a recorder. If you know that you are being recorded, because you are doing the recording, then you will more consciously check your behavior. An armed society may be a polite society, but a recorder raises the bar even higher.
    Well if someone recorded it (and I assume that they only took minutes of the meeting & did not record) it may not end up well for her .. if it shows, and it would IMO, that she said she would be back with a gun ...

"Pay the bill Peter !" ...

New Jersey......meh.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    New Jersey......meh.
    +1

the best argument EVAR !!!!