• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A New Jersey woman arrested and has her firearms confiscated for reading constitution

Freedom1Man

Yeah, she was protesting taxes and attempted violations of the 4th Amendment protected rights.

To punish her for not submitting they jacked up her property taxes and stole her firearms.

Ca Patriot

Folks, get and use a recorder!

I recommend to people that they simply turn on their Iphone video and place it in their pocket at any event or situation that might be relevant.

In todays contentious society there is no excuse not to use avaible technology.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The complaint (in part) states: The State of New Jersey vs. Eileen B. Hart -"The Defendant was yelling and screaming and making the threatening comment. "If the door is locked. I'll be back with a gun."

Did anyone READ the article? Sounds like she wanted to go back the the hearing room , hey, its an open hearing honey ... they close it off and you have a procedure for relief

Not even I say "I'll be back with a gun" .... you do not have to let someone in your house ... they'll just do the assessment the best they can ...

I can tell by looking at the pic .... she's guilty ...

eye95

Yeah. I don't know if this lady's assessment of what happened to her is correct or not. With the available evidence, it is impossible to say whether she uttered the threats or not. I place no credence in the article, as the author is obviously biased in her favor. Clearly, those who accuse her are no freer of bias. Anyone with a recording of the event could clear the matter up completely.

This does demonstrate another benefit of carrying a recorder. If you know that you are being recorded, because you are doing the recording, then you will more consciously check your behavior. An armed society may be a polite society, but a recorder raises the bar even higher.

davidmcbeth

Banned
This does demonstrate another benefit of carrying a recorder. If you know that you are being recorded, because you are doing the recording, then you will more consciously check your behavior. An armed society may be a polite society, but a recorder raises the bar even higher.

Well if someone recorded it (and I assume that they only took minutes of the meeting & did not record) it may not end up well for her .. if it shows, and it would IMO, that she said she would be back with a gun ...

"Pay the bill Peter !" ...