Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42

Thread: Open carrying a blue gun in downtown Seattle legal?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    4

    Open carrying a blue gun in downtown Seattle legal?

    Hey all I am making my first post to ask a question I can't find a clear cut answer too.

    I design and make my own kydex pistol holsters. I am attending a GoRuck Challenge here soon and I want to torture test one of my holsters during this event. I want to wear my holster unconcealed with a blue gun in it. In this case the blue gun with be a Glock 17 with a TLR-1 pistol light attached. I have a valid Washington CPL, License,etc, fully legal. Is there any reason I should be worried about the legality of doing so as we ruck in and around the city of Seattle?

    Thanks guys/gals I've been trolling this site for a while and learned a great deal of valuable information and look forward to adding to the community.

    S/F

  2. #2
    Regular Member bmg50cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    WA - North Whidbey/ Deception Pass
    Posts
    307
    Why not carry a real gun?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Winlock, , USA
    Posts
    501
    If I can carry a REAL handgun, why would I want to carry a pretend handgun?

  4. #4
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,991
    No law preventing the carry of toys open, or concealed. Just carry a real gun.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  5. #5
    Regular Member badkarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Duvall, Washington
    Posts
    330
    Keep Calm and Carry On.
    WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,267
    Legally, your fine.

    Do I think you will get hassled, possibly.

    Do I think you should carry a real gun, yes. At least concealed somewhere, to each their own though.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

    It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

    I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812
    Perhaps since his goal is to test an unproven holster during a very physical activity he doesn't trust it with a real gun?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    why blue? why not red?

  9. #9
    Regular Member bmg50cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    WA - North Whidbey/ Deception Pass
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    why blue? why not red?
    Blue guns are better for molding kydex holsters, red guns tend to be oversize compared to their real counterparts.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Where am I, WA, , USA
    Posts
    191

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    why blue? why not red?
    Why not carry a gun that's Red, White and Blue?

  11. #11
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    It depends upon the "blue gun" in question, if it's a "blue gun" like a molded rubber training gun used to practice drills and holster draws I don't think there's anything at all against it.

    some makers such as glockmake "blue guns" that discharge paintballs for practice. you would be violating SMC 12A.14.083 for carrying one of them. and since it doesn't deal with actual firearms the ordinance is not preempted.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  12. #12
    Regular Member PFC HALE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    492

    Open carrying a blue gun in downtown Seattle legal?

    perhaps the holster testing will end up getting a real pistol dirtied up for no reason. id use a fake so i wouldnt have to clean the real thing.
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Perhaps since his goal is to test an unproven holster during a very physical activity he doesn't trust it with a real gun?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmg50cal View Post
    Blue guns are better for molding kydex holsters, red guns tend to be oversize compared to their real counterparts.
    Both exactly right. Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    It depends upon the "blue gun" in question, if it's a "blue gun" like a molded rubber training gun used to practice drills and holster draws I don't think there's anything at all against it.

    some makers such as glockmake "blue guns" that discharge paintballs for practice. you would be violating SMC 12A.14.083 for carrying one of them. and since it doesn't deal with actual firearms the ordinance is not preempted.
    Yep just molded blue rubber. Blue for above reason. Thanks good to know about the sim round law also.

    Quote Originally Posted by PFC HALE View Post
    perhaps the holster testing will end up getting a real pistol dirtied up for no reason. id use a fake so i wouldnt have to clean the real thing.
    Exactly. Plus I'm going to be excessively rough with the holster just for ***** and giggles. There not being a weapon I care about in it allows me more abusive freedom

    Sounds like I'm good to go! I'll post back if anything wacky or interesting happens

    S/F

  14. #14
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    Legally, your fine.

    Do I think you will get hassled, possibly.

    Do I think you should carry a real gun, yes. At least concealed somewhere, to each their own though.
    Why would it be his fine?
    Last edited by Freedom1Man; 03-14-2013 at 12:38 PM.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  15. #15
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoScott View Post
    SNIP

    Exactly. Plus I'm going to be excessively rough with the holster just for ***** and giggles. There not being a weapon I care about in it allows me more abusive freedom

    Sounds like I'm good to go! I'll post back if anything wacky or interesting happens

    S/F
    Going bar hopping?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Why would it be his fine?
    What
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

    It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

    I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

  17. #17
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329

    Open carrying a blue gun in downtown Seattle legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    What
    It's a grammar nazi thing. The difference between your and you're.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    It's a grammar nazi thing. The difference between your and you're.
    Thank you. In other words, a useless post.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

    It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

    I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    It's a grammar Nazi thing. The difference between your and you're.
    It's the use of the English language thing.

    We are the same people that read laws to understand their meaning, correct?

    If we cannot understand the even the correct use of there, their, they're, your, you're, were, where, wear, heard, herd, to, too, and two then how can we be expected to understand other words that are not as commonly used?

    Note that in Washington there was a change from a Concealed Weapons License to a Concealed Pistol License which changes the meaning of the license.

    Besides the Nazis were the German National Socialist Worker's Party and they spoke German which is a more grammatically exacting language.

    Where as in English, unlike Latin (one of the origin languages for the English language), it is fine to end a sentence with a preposition. Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

    Also, "you're fine" means something completely different from "your fine." Since the word "fine" has a different meaning depending on how it is used.

    This is important for all of us to understand if we are going to use the laws governing our lives to be able to defend and flex our rights at any hour. If we gloss over meanings like that in our daily lives then we will also do so when we open up a law book and try to understand what is written there. We will also miss all the fnords in the printed media.
    Last edited by Freedom1Man; 03-14-2013 at 08:42 PM.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  20. #20
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329

    Open carrying a blue gun in downtown Seattle legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    It's the use of the English language thing.

    We are the same people that read laws to understand their meaning, correct?

    If we cannot understand the even the correct use of there, their, they're, your, you're, were, where, wear, heard, herd, to, too, and two then how can we be expected to understand other words that are not as commonly used?

    Note that in Washington there was a change from a Concealed Weapons License to a Concealed Pistol License which changes the meaning of the license.

    Besides the Nazis were the German National Socialist Worker's Party and they spoke German which is a more grammatically exacting language.

    Where as in English, unlike Latin (one of the origin languages for the English language), it is fine to end a sentence with a preposition. Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

    Also, "you're fine" means something completely different from "your fine." Since the word "fine" has a different meaning depending on how it is used.

    This is important for all of us to understand if we are going to use the laws governing our lives to be able to defend and flex our rights at any hour. If we gloss over meanings like that in our daily lives then we will also do so when we open up a law book and try to understand what is written there. We will also miss all the fnords in the printed media.
    Oh I understand that and wasn't faulting you for it. Grammar nazi is an expression relating to a person that cares enough to correct others poor use of the language. It's not referring to Germans.

    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  21. #21
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    Oh I understand that and wasn't faulting you for it. Grammar nazi is an expression relating to a person that cares enough to correct others poor use of the language. It's not referring to Germans.
    Sorta sorry, I was not trying to come unglued at YOU specifically.

    It was just being fed up with reading those easy ones all over the web and then it was a Nazi reference that added the gasoline and a match.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  22. #22
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    "If we cannot understand the even the correct use..." ?!?



    When besides is used as an adverb at the beginning of a sentence, the correct punctuation to place after the word is a comma.



    Where as?!? Whereas: on the contrary; although.

    I sure hope there was meant to be sarcasm included in your post.
    Thanks, you made me laugh.

    I too am not perfect and I thank you for the better insight.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  23. #23
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763

    Grammar is very important to the Nazi Party

    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  24. #24
    Regular Member PFC HALE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    492

    Open carrying a blue gun in downtown Seattle legal?

    COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Totally inappropriate for so many reasons. Any repeat of such behavior will be a ban-able offense!
    Last edited by John Pierce; 03-19-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

  25. #25
    Regular Member sharkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,066
    Quote Originally Posted by PFC HALE View Post
    jesus phucking christ...

    oh wait...

    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MeouvhplCxU/UIVkKMtQGeI/AAAAAAAAD9Q/zPj_UYAfbvI/s400/Jesus+*******+Christ.jpg[/img]
    Good thing the forum edited that.

    It was quite traumatizing to unedit and follow that link.
    "Public opinion and votes have nothing to do with this. The challenge of the Court is not what they're going to do with votes. The challenge-- of the Court is are they going to protect people's rights." - Al Sharpton


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •