Thread: medows mall

Angry medows mall

So i was told by those mall rent a cops that firearms were not allowed their and that i had to leave it in my vehicle!! What do yall think because i did not see any signs prohibiting firearms.
    Has that place always been that way?

"Meadows" typo

I have OC'ed there many times without an issue, I have heard of others being asked to leave but i have not been asked to leave. if I was asked to leave I would simply leave, there is no requirement for them to post a sign. It is a spooky practice if they do have a policy, remember Costco? It might maybe just been a "rogue" security Dude!

Yea thats what i think

I've been asked to leave Meadows Mall also. I never looked to see if they actually had a policy or anything, but it is a good question. Someone should contact them and ask for an official statement on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MP_4_Life View Post
    I've been asked to leave Meadows Mall also. I never looked to see if they actually had a policy or anything, but it is a good question. Someone should contact them and ask for an official statement on this issue.
    Tis easier to get forgiveness than permission grasshopper.....

Unless it's occuring regularly I would recommend not asking and simply looking around for a posted sign or other evidence that they intend that you can't OC there. Once you ask, then there's a good chance that they will quickly adopt a policy against OC.....for the children you know.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    Tis easier to get forgiveness than permission grasshopper.....

Unless it's occuring regularly I would recommend not asking and simply looking around for a posted sign or other evidence that they intend that you can't OC there. Once you ask, then there's a good chance that they will quickly adopt a policy against OC.....for the children you know.
    Oh i hear you loud and clear. I was asked once to leave and did, honestly idc if it's poor training for their security enforcing false policies or even just making them up cause they don't like me, all I know is... 1) I rarely shop in that part of town anymore, let alone malls. 2) Their too good for my money, I'll take it elsewhere, last I checks a lot of places were struggling, guess not the meadows.

That's the only 2 reasons I never looked or cared to ask. By no means will I ever call ahead to find out, like you said, I ask, new policy shows up.

Here in Reno, at Meadowood Mall, Right inside the first set of doors there is a poster on the wall with a list of "Rules and Regulations" that you have to be right on top of to read. Buried in the middle of all this text says that firearms are prohibited. I never go there but the few times I did carry I didn't know the law and left my gun in my car (their policy is why I don't go there now, that and the fact I hate the teenagers that hang out there). Not sure if your mall has that too but for a while I just thought the rules poster was an advert. until I actually read it.

I have oced many times in the las Vegas Meadows Mall, in many stores , lunch in the food court. Never an issue. However this was before the new anti gun flare up
    Last edited by 28kfps; 03-17-2013 at 01:58 AM.

Write a letter to the store(s) you were planning on shopping in. Make sure they understand why you couldn't spend your money there. The mall will listen to their high-paying tenants if enough of them complain that they are losing customers.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by renoglock22 View Post
    Here in Reno, at Meadowood Mall, Right inside the first set of doors there is a poster on the wall with a list of "Rules and Regulations" that you have to be right on top of to read. Buried in the middle of all this text says that firearms are prohibited. I never go there but the few times I did carry I didn't know the law and left my gun in my car (their policy is why I don't go there now, that and the fact I hate the teenagers that hang out there). Not sure if your mall has that too but for a while I just thought the rules poster was an advert. until I actually read it.
    I didn't know, until now, that Meadowood Mall had that in their rules. And that was on my list of places to try OC'ing in the very near future. Guess I'll cross it off that list and put it on my DO NOT SHOP list. Lets see: Scheels and Legends in Sparks, any Best Buy (I'll move that to my will see, maybe, possibly if I'm in a mood to try list).

Quote Originally Posted by ljpierce_NV View Post
    I didn't know, until now, that Meadowood Mall had that in their rules. And that was on my list of places to try OC'ing in the very near future. Guess I'll cross it off that list and put it on my DO NOT SHOP list. Lets see: Scheels and Legends in Sparks, any Best Buy (I'll move that to my will see, maybe, possibly if I'm in a mood to try list).
    Scheels may or may not bug you about it because Legends itself has a "no weapons" policy, Never had a problem in any of the Best Buys, Meadowood mall security will tell you to leave if they see the gun, they are owned and managed by Simon Property Group and from what i understand they are very anti-gun
    http://washoecountygunrights.blogspot.com/

*** I am NOT a Lawyer, and I DO NOT have any LEGAL EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS ***

MOLON LABE

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    I've never been into Meadowoods Mall.

I've been into Best Buys plenty of times, and the ONLY comment I EVER got over OC was from a salesman who wanted to talk guns and OC.