• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How America is becoming a police state

BikerGuy57

EVERYBODY needs to wake up and be concerned.

How America is becoming a police state

From drones to gun raids, under Obama law enforcement is being 'fundamentally transformed'

News reports that the federal Department of Homeland Security is stockpiling billions of rounds of ammunition have prompted many Americans to ask: Just who is the government preparing to go to war with?

To radio talker Mark Levin, the answer is that "our society is unraveling" and DHS is preparing for "the collapse of our financial system, the collapse of our society and the potential for widespread violence, looting, killing in the streets, because that’s what happens when an economy collapses." Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin agrees, saying, "We’re going to default eventually and that’s why the feds are stockpiling bullets in case of civil unrest."

But all this, dire as it sounds, is just the tip of the iceberg. As WND’s acclaimed monthly Whistleblower magazine documents in its March issue, "HOW AMERICA IS BECOMING A POLICE STATE," one major way Barack Obama’s "fundamental transformation of America" is manifesting in the changing face of law enforcement – local and state, but especially federal.

The signs are everywhere:

Drones are flying overhead – not in Yemen, but here in the U.S., above your house, perhaps photographing you. The FAA anticipates 10,000 domestic drones in the next few years, and at least one police chief has publicly announced he wants to arm his drones with tear gas and rubber bullets.

Meanwhile, the Transportation Security Administration, having traumatized countless air travelers with its signature nude X-ray imaging and invasive pat-downs of ailing grandmothers and crying 3-year-old handicapped children in wheelchairs, is now expanding from airports to bus terminals and subways.

Even local police forces increasingly resemble an occupying army, especially in the big cities – thanks in part to a federal program that supplies police departments with military equipment, everything from surveillance drones to machine-gun-equipped armored personnel carriers.

Although few Americans realize it, police have already gone door to door and confiscated citizens’ legally owned firearms (in New Orleans after Katrina), and right now politicians in certain areas are trying to pass legislation to make gun confiscation official policy – but only in the event of an "emergency," of course.

Highlights of "HOW AMERICA IS BECOMING A POLICE STATE" include:

• "Cops and robbers: The problems of policing America when the federal government is the biggest thief" by David Kupelian

• "Obama’s troubling track record on civil liberties" by John W. Whitehead, who documents how, with each passing year, Americans’ basic freedoms have come under increasing attack under Obama

• "Why is the government stockpiling guns and ammo?" by Joseph Farah, who revisits Obama's mysterious call for a "civilian national security force"

• "Immigration cops: Feds are making us the 'enemy'" by Taylor Rose

• "Tanks on Main Street" by John W. Whitehead, on the increasing militarization of local police throughout America

• "Black helicopters? Army says don't worry" by Bob Unruh, on the military’s explanation as to why Special Ops units are conducting "urban training" in U.S. cities

• "Department of Homeland Security urged to patrol Chicago streets"

• "Sliding toward a police state" by Steven Greenhut, on the consequences of making security more important than freedom since 9/11

• "TSA expands its invasive grief beyond airports" by Art Moore, on casualties of the federal government’s security scheme, including one father of a crippled 3-year-old who says: "They treated her like a criminal"

• "States pile on against federal detention plan" by Alyssa Farah, on how the left and right have joined together in opposing the federal law’s "terrifying implications"

• "Stop it here, stop it now" by Bob Unruh, on Pulitzer-winning commentator Charles Krauthammer’s prediction of "rifles aimed at the sky all across America" in response to domestic surveillance drones

• "Feds: 10,000 drones to fly the friendly skies"

• "Is there a drone in your backyard?" by Andrew Napolitano, in which "the judge" warns invasion of privacy is just the beginning

• "Armed domestic drones?!"

• "It’s official: Obama can bomb you if he thinks you’re a terrorist"

• "Washington state residents say ‘No!’ to police surveillance drones" by David DiSalvo

• "Police state – we're almost there" by Jeff Knox, on how massive raids on a family-owned gun shop illustrate dangers of "standing army" of federal cops

• "Ready, print, fire"– on how 3-D printing is foiling laws banning high-capacity magazines

• "Gun-owner home searches 'Orwellian'" by Art Moore, on the provision of Washington state’s gun control law that would allow police to come into your home to check on your semiautomatic firearms

• "New Justice Department report concedes gun laws won't slow crime"

• "Hundreds of sheriffs tell Obama: We’re not confiscating guns" by Drew Zahn, on law enforcement officials who say, "We are prepared to trade our lives" to defend the Constitution

• "How Rodney King spawned Christopher Dorner" by Jack Cashill, on what happens when the "mainstream press" constantly pushes the narrative of "evil white racists" oppressing minorities

• "Immigration ‘reform’ will turn the U.S. into a police state" by Rep. Ron Paul, who says: "Imagine what’s left of the Fourth Amendment completely tossed into the trashcan"

• "‘Big Brother is watching’ in ways you can’t even imagine" by Steve Elwart, on a new artificial intelligence surveillance system more outlandish than sci-fi scripts.

"It’s not quite accurate to say the Obama administration is trying to disarm Americans," said Whistleblower Editor David Kupelian. "The government is attempting to progressively disarm one segment of the population – law-abiding, private citizens – while simultaneously arming to the teeth millions of Americans who work for, and are beholden to, government at all levels. This is not exactly what the Founding Fathers had in mind when they gave us the Second Amendment."

Kupelian added: "This issue of Whistleblower documents comprehensively, and in a balanced but no-holds-barred way, just what kind of country Americans are facing in the coming years."

Last edited:

OC for ME

A link to the missive, it seems you have copied in total from another author is required under the law to not violate a copyright for their work. A fair use quote (FUQ), some portion of the test to give a reader a sense of the focus of the article is highly recommended. This FUQ permits readers of your post to decide for themselves whether or not the topic you have raised is worthy of their time to read.

Please do not misunderstand, I am not criticizing your motivations for posting but clarifying that it could be viewed as your work, when it may not be, and thus OCDO could be held liable for a copyright violation for having this article posted on their website.

If what you posted is your work I respectfully apologize.

BikerGuy57

Thanks buddy, I put the link in.....

A link to the missive, it seems you have copied in total from another author is required under the law to not violate a copyright for their work. A fair use quote (FUQ), some portion of the test to give a reader a sense of the focus of the article is highly recommended. This FUQ permits readers of your post to decide for themselves whether or not the topic you have raised is worthy of their time to read.

Please do not misunderstand, I am not criticizing your motivations for posting but clarifying that it could be viewed as your work, when it may not be, and thus OCDO could be held liable for a copyright violation for having this article posted on their website.

OC for ME

http://superstore.wnd.com/Whistleblower-Magazine

This may be the text that is provided in the OP.

eye95

You still might want to pare down the post to an FUQ to avoid violating the copyright of the author--unless, of course, you are the author.

OC for ME

You still might want to pare down the post to an FUQ to avoid violating the copyright of the author--unless, of course, you are the author.
Not to be a nit for the sake of being a nit.....but likely a nitwit from time to time.....timing is everything. See posts #2, 4 and 5 for examples of a nitwit being a nit.

I gotta learn to not only read and then comprehend faster, I gotta learn to type faster. I am a victim of my own computing device(s) inadequacies it seems.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I don't think its an Obamalama only issue .. when was that stupid "homeland security" dept. made?

Ya know just from the name that it was going to be a totally fascists dept.

BikerGuy57

Homeland Security was created and established extremely fast... Eleven days after the September 11, 2001

Of course, ya know that Bush knew the 911 was going to happen months before it did and he used it to create this BS agency.

I don't think its an Obamalama only issue .. when was that stupid "homeland security" dept. made?

Ya know just from the name that it was going to be a totally fascists dept.