• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ALERT: Hearing on Gun Violence -- Please attend!

SoLasVegas

There will be an "informational hearing on gun violence" at the NV Senate Judiciary Committee meeting tomorrow at 9:00 AM.

We can't let them tell one side of the story. There will be a period for public comment, so if you are able, please plan to attend and speak.

Here is the agenda: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/77th2013/Agendas/Senate/JUD/final/532.pdf?2077862061

Room 1214 of the Legislative Building in Carson City
and
Video conference in Room 4412 of the Grant Sawyer Building in Las Vegas

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Note that all of the "information" will be coming from hoplophobes, including an official representative from a California anti-civil-rights group.

NOT ONE of the speakers is on our side, so it's IMPERATIVE that we flood the audience with sane opposition.

One of the best ways to counter them is to simply STARE at the speaker. DON'T REACT. They will be trying to provoke us into matching their prejudices about what gun owners are like.

If we don't react, but instead look at them as if they are exhibits in a zoo, THEY will be the ones who become defensive.

PLEASE, no T-shirts, hats, etc -- if you look like you've taken time out of your busy day as a business executive, you won' fit their stereotype.

The time to counter what they say is afterward, during the public comment portion of the dog-and-pony show.

See you there.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Annoyingly, it is at the same time as the hearing for AB196.

Hearing on AB196 Friday March 15, 2013 at 9:00 AM in Room 3143 of the Legislative Building in Carson City (video conferenced to Room 4401 of the Grant Sawyer Building in Las Vegas) [Assembly Committee on Government Affairs]

Hearing on "Gun Violence" Friday March 15, 2013 at 9:00 AM in Room 1214 of the Legislative Building in Carson City (Video conferenced to Room 4412 of the Grant Sawyer Building in Las Vegas) [Senate Committee on the Judiciary]

Also, hearing on SB221 today, Thursday March 14, 2013 at 3:30 PM in Room 2149 of the Legislative Building in Carson City. (Video conferenced to Room 4412E of the Grant Sawyer Building in Las Vegas.)

DVC

Annoyingly, it is at the same time as the hearing for AB196.

I'd forgotten about that. I hope you don't think that's a coincidence . . .

I think that the AB hearing is more important than listening to a bunch of mental patients. And there is a good chance that it will be short enough to still let us go over and comment after the cluster-clutch in the other room.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
I went and signed in for both hearings but since I didn't have much to add to the AB196 hearing other than a general statement of my support, I opted to go to the "gun violence" hearing so I could counter arguments made early. I got to speak briefly, but I wasn't given enough time to say all that I wanted to say. It seemed very one sided, but there was mention that we (pro-gun people) would be given a chance to speak in another hearing.

DVC

Were you the guy that got cut off because he'd spoken the day before?

I got there late, but clearly didn't miss anything. I think I did some good in the AB hearing, though. One Assemblywoman who was against it would like to talk more with me about EOs and about guns.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Were you the guy that got cut off because he'd spoken the day before?

I got there late, but clearly didn't miss anything. I think I did some good in the AB hearing, though. One Assemblywoman who was against it would like to talk more with me about EOs and about guns.

Yes, I was.

Thanks for being at the AB hearing!

Last edited: