Thread: Democrat’s ‘Universal Background Check’ bill discriminates against same-sex couples

Democrat’s ‘Universal Background Check’ bill discriminates against same-sex couples

As if same-sex couples were not faced with enough social and legal bigotry, the so-called ‘Universal Background Check’ bill being pushed by Democrats adds the threat of being made a felon for simply going on a long business trip.

What?” I hear you cry. “How is that possible?

The answer is simple. It is possible because the bill is not what it appears to be. Contrary to the rhetoric being mimicked by the media, it is far more than a mere extension of background checks to private sales.

The bill being pushed by Democrats requires background checks and documentation for all ‘transfers’ of firearms, not merely sales. And they define ‘transfers’ expansively to include practically any situation in which a firearm might be out of your control, even for a second.

Read more at Monachus Lex.
    Last edited by John Pierce; 03-14-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Banned
    Meh.

What about folks who simply live together for convenience? What about people who live next door, but are close friends? What about just close friends?

The problem is not who is and who is not included in the exemption; it is that there needs to be an exemption and that it only exists at the whim of government.

I won't fight for an exemption for homosexual couples. I don't give a crap about them. I will fight to keep private sales private and out of the hands of government. I will fight to end background checks for all transactions.

I will point out that this clearly demonstrates that leftists in power will step on whoever they have to in order to increase their own power--even leftists not in power. This story drips with irony.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Meh.

What about folks who simply live together for convenience? What about people who live next door, but are close friends? What about just close friends?

The problem is not who is and who is not included in the exemption; it is that there needs to be an exemption and that it only exists at the whim of government.

I won't fight for an exemption for homosexual couples. I don't give a crap about them. I will fight to keep private sales private and out of the hands of government. I will fight to end background checks for all transactions.

I will point out that this clearly demonstrates that leftists in power will step on whoever they have to in order to increase their own power--even leftists not in power. This story drips with irony.
    Just when some see you as statist, you post something like this... how ummm... libertarian of you!! The irony does run like a river.