• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan's largest teachers' union say the open-carry "loophole" must be closed

DetroitBiker

Michigan's largest teachers' union say the open-carry "loophole" must be closed

Deleted

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

If you pass a low against muder... but it is allowed under that law to kill a man who is sleeping with your wife provided you catch them in the act... then it's not a "murder loophole." It is simply an act allowed by law (or to be more precise, not prohibited by law).

I am against any change in law where the term "loophole" is used to try and pass it. But then I'm also against any law named after a 'victim' because it is an emotional appeal and not a rational one.

Last edited:

xmanhockey7

We need to start referring to PFZ laws as "loopholes in the law that permit only criminals to carry guns".

Or we could call places under 28.425o. what they really are: Places that only prohibit those licensed to carry a concealed pistol from carrying concealed pistols or carrying tasers.
28.425o Premises on which carrying concealed weapon prohibited
Sec. 5o. (1) Subject to subsection (4), an individual licensed under this act to carry a concealed pistol, or who is exempt from licensure under section 12a(1)(f), shall not carry a concealed pistol on the premises of any of the following:

FreeInAZ

Re: Michigan's largest teachers' union say the open-carry "loophole" must be closed

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Mich-lawmaker-Ban-openly-carried-guns-in-schools-4353821.php

This article contains an answer that many people have been seeking for a while.

Nice to see the MI media thinks this is so important that we get to read about it in a San Fransico publication.:rolleyes: Q since you are directly quoted, would you please post your quotes. I ask because many here have the attention spans of a nat on speed. :p

Ezerharden

Nice to see the MI media thinks this is so important that we get to read about it in a San Fransico publication.:rolleyes: Q since you are directly quoted, would you please post your quotes. I ask because many here have the attention spans of a nat on speed. :p

Huh? What did you say? :lol:

TheQ

I ask because many here have the attention spans of a nat on speed. :p

Nah. I try not to facilitate other people's laziness. The article has information in it that many people have spent months butthurting about. If they don't want to read it -- f* em.

DanM

DanM said:
We need to start referring to PFZ laws as "loopholes in the law that permit only criminals to carry guns".

Or we could call places under 28.425o. what they really are: Places that only prohibit those licensed to carry a concealed pistol from carrying concealed pistols or carrying tasers.

No, I intentionally worded it my way to use the exact same tactic the "open carry loophole" people use. The tactic consists of two parts:
1)Use the word "loophole" to make it seem there's an error that needs to be fixed.
2)Frame the "loophole" as allowing something that sensible people would reject ("permit only criminals to carry guns")

This two-part tactic is used on us all the time by anti-gunners. We should use it as often as possible on them.

After all, there's a lot of people who want to keep areas prohibiting legal CC, but who in their right mind would oppose getting rid of loopholes that permit only criminals to carry guns in certain places?

See the difference in how it's presented? :)

Yes, it's really just semantics, but semantics have been demonstrated to have real effects on how people answer poll questions, decide on an issue, etc.

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

No, I intentionally worded it my way to use the exact same tactic the "open carry loophole" people use. The tactic consists of two parts:
1)Use the word "loophole" to make it seem there's an error that needs to be fixed.
2)Frame the "loophole" as allowing something that sensible people would reject ("permit only criminals to carry guns")

This two-part tactic is used on us all the time by anti-gunners. We should use it as often as possible on them.

After all, there's a lot of people who want to keep areas prohibiting legal CC, but who in their right mind would oppose getting rid of loopholes that permit only criminals to carry guns in certain places?

See the difference in how it's presented? :)

Yes, it's really just semantics, but semantics have been demonstrated to have real effects on how people answer poll questions, decide on an issue, etc.
Quoted for truth!

And may I suggest folks take a good hard look at the tactics of Obama's hero .. Mr. Saul Alinsky... and start using those same tactics right back at the leftist arguments against rights.

For those not familiar with Mr. Saul Alinsky and his teachings ... and how Obama is tied into them... please take a moment and follow the link below.

http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm

HKcarrier

I know he's not losing any sleep about my opinion, but DanM regains a shred of respect from me! Well done.